Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Craig

syswin and c200H serial comms

7 posts in this topic

I have a C200H cpu03 with an LK201 module which I want to commuciate via. Any Ideas what the settings in syswin need to be for this to work. IE baud rate etc the settings on the LK201 are sw1= 0 sw 2= 0 sw3= 5 sw 4= 2 I think the PLC is unit 8. Couldn't find this anywhere in the omron manuals. Thanks In advance. Regards Craig W

Importantly, which LK201. There is a 3G2C7-LK201 that is used for communicating with the C20 and smaller PLCs. You will require the 3G2A6-LK201 (or C120-LK201), unless you have a rack mounted one. You will also need an Omron cable. There are cable pinouts in the Omron download section on this site.

Check out this link in the omron download section connecting LSS to hoslinkt unit

Are you using C200H-LK201-V1? see switch settings Switch 4 Use this setting (2) when using LSS/syswin/cx You can find more information about host link unit in this manual w143e1_7_Cseries_hostlink.pdf

Yair, Thanks for the manual I have a C200H-LK201-V1. Whne using syswin do I need to select a direct serial connection or host link? I have attached what I think the setup should be for syswin does this look right to you. Regardfs Craig W Doc1.doc

Setup in Syswin looks OK. The host link looks like it is a rack mounted one from the number. Set switch 1 & 2 off (address 0) switch 3 to 5 switch 4 to 2 This will give you 9600 baud, 7,E,2 and access to levels 1,2 and 3. Here is a link to Omron serial cables http://forums.mrplc.com/index.php?autocom=downloads&showfile=74

Thanks Bob made a new cable today so will try it. Appreciate the advise.