Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dave_BP

Export Data Files to .txt or .csv file?

10 posts in this topic

Does anyone out there know how to get RSLogix 5 to do this? With the Report options all I can get is a .prn file but Excell doesn't know what to do with it. I've looked at some conversion programs on the web and haven't seen anything too promising. ASCII Export doesn't look to be an option either. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks. Dave

When you say data files are you just looking for the address and description or are you looking for the value?

Ideally all three but, at the least, the address and values. Thanks.

Yes I have never found an easy way to do this. In RsLogix 500 you can do a Save As and select a .SLC file. I believe in RsLogix 5 it is a .PLC file. You can cut and paste out of this. Probably not what you were looking for but let me know if you find a better way.

That did work. Now if I can get it organized in Excel the way I need it I'll be in good shape. Thanks for the help! Dave

No problem. Like I said if you find something better then let us know

I have exported PLC 5 code to PC5 files before and edited it using notepad and excel macros. Actually wrote an entire warehouse program this way. 32 of the same machine all controlled from on PLC 5. Global search and replace and some creative planning in the IO wiring made the job simple.
1 person likes this

Hey dave, You can get live data out of your PLC using rslinx and excel if this is what you want. Just setup a OPC/DDE topic in rslinx then copy to clipboard in rslinx. Then open excel and paste special a link. You can transfer about 300 tags at a time this way. Not sure if this is what you are after? If it is I can post you some more detail. Regards Craig W

Node Red works great for getting data from studio 5000 and populating a excel spread sheet

1 person likes this