Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pszczepan

IDEC FA-2Junior

10 posts in this topic

Hi, One company where I will serve PLC servicing has one machine with IDEC FA-2Junior. It look really old and I afraid that one day it will stop working - maybe PLC. So I watched the machine manual and there is nothing about PLC. So, Could you write what software and cabel I need to make backup and where I can find some manuals about IDEC PLC. I read somewhere that they do not have electronic manuals just paper - is it true ? I found that software supported PLC IDEC is WINDLDR. This is the link for demos version. http://www.idec.com/usen/products/Catalogs...ware_demos.html Do you know if demo is enough to download program from the PLC? Thanks in advance Pawel Edited by pszczepan

HERE is the manual for WINLDR I am sure that I downloaded the PLC manual off of the internet but I may have got them to email it do me. I would contact IDEC and see what they could do The demo is fully functional I believe but it has a 30 day limit

Last I knew Idec did demos that were fully functional offline but would not have comunication capabilities so they could not be used to actually talk to a PLC. The manuals for the PLCs should be in the same website where you found the software, but since the FA2 is obsolete, they may have removed the manual.

Thanks a lot! This is my email: pszczepan@tlen.pl I appreciate you could send me the PLC manual. I will send email to IDEC to ask about software - is demo useful just for making backup or not? Thanx Pawel

It has been quite some time since I needed the manual. Ask them for it while you are asking them about the demo. If they give you a hard time I will dig a little deeper for it. Please report back to us on the demo capabilities

I looked a little more today and I don't have the User Manual. Only the catalog. A search of the internet verifies your thoughts that they never scanned the manual in although I find that very strange. I also downloaded the Demo software and it only mentions a 30 day limit and appears to have online capablity but Crossbow may be right

Hi, On Monday 10th of September 2006 I sent email to Idec - support@idec.com I asked about FA-2Junior manual, and demo version of Winldr. Till now I have not received any reply. So, If you-TWControls can dig a little deeper for it would be great. Thanks Pawel

Hi I am in Brazil and have the same problem, an FA2. I wrote to supporte@idec.com.uk asking about a programing manual. Now I am waiting the result. I need convert fron FA2 to Twido and I have the original program print out. There is a lot of FN147 and FN247 and I dont't know what is that. Thanks Mario

Here's a thread on PLCs.net on the FA-2J. The link to the catalog still works. Perhaps worth a try, the good old fax! http://www.idec.com/Products/ENG/PDF/Distr...erForm05_04.pdf

Hi Pawel, I has some problems with the same PLC, There is one company in Denmark repairing such PLC for very reasonable prices. That's why I stopped my interest to IDEC. I have this WINLDR program. And one PLC not working properly, and extensions for it. In next month I'm going to have small trip to Poland. If you are interested, e-mail me elektrofanas@yahoo.com