Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
waynes

TSX Micro system setup

5 posts in this topic

Hello all, I need to setup a system with the following specs given to me: Main panel has the following: -TSX Micro PLC -Modbus + comms system (to interface with existing systems) Remote Panel 1 -32 Inputs -32 Outputs Remote Panel 2 -32 Inputs -32 Outputs What I have thought about so far? OK, as far as I know (which is fairly limited on the TSX micro/ premium range ), remote I/O is somewhat of a mission on the Micro. I thought of using Modbus + between the main plc and remote panel. I will then use a MBP bridge or similar to interface to the existing systems. The trick here is that I need to add a RS 232 card later to this system. What would be the most cost effective method of putting this system together? Any ideas gents? (and ladies)

On the TSX Micro, you only get to install one card, and I'm pretty sure there is a Modbus Plus card available. But then for your RS232 you're stuck. TSX premium has serial modules available, as well as modbus Plus or Interbus. TSX Micro is not designed for that kind of expandability.

Thanks Crossbow, I have learnt yesterday that this little PLC does far less than what I expected for such a costly device. The mits PLC's beat this thing hands down. I have seen though that this system can be designed in various ways. The one way is to use the new "Advansys" IO modules. Another to use the plant's exisiting MB+ "network master". All of this does not give me the flexibility to allow this system to be stand-alone and give me the ability to link it to the supervisory system. The only other option is for me to use three TSX Micro PLC's and interconnect them using FIPWAY. This is still a very expensive exercise. I think that I will remove the ability to connect to the Modbus + network and run this system stand-alone.The momentum does come out as the most cost effective. It costs about R 8000.00 cheaper ($1100)! And that price includes Concept small, which is needed for the new setup.

Hi There is a remote IO option called Advantis OTB which should work out a lot cheaper, you can set your Ter port for modbus and leave the PCMCIA for your serial port Alternatly you could use Twido plc as intelligent remote IO, each can take 2 com ports and are much cheaper check with Schneider SA for more details

Thanks Ryan1, I have been exploring going down these routes. I have now finalised on using the Momentum system. I got hold of the proce list and assembled a few systems and then calculated the price. Thanks for everyone's help.