Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TimWilborne

Automation Fair 2006

21 posts in this topic

Curious who here is going to Automation Fair. I haven't got the final word from my boss yet but I hope to attend

Busy Season here - no one gets away from 7 days a week Oct thru Dec. Doesn't Rockwell have a similiar thing in April?

Automation University and RSTeched are other events, but AF is a largest one.

Did you see the Kinetix labs they will have? It would be great to meet you there

I'll be there...maybe Edited by newpageboba

My McNaught-McKay sales guy, had a pretty good deal, but I just can't afford to leave work right now. I have to get everything in place, so I can take a couple of weeks off the first of October.

I'm going to Pin this for a while because I think it is a good chance for many users to meet each other

Ok I will definately be there

I thought there would be more interest in this. Is it too early to ask or is no one's bo$$ giving them the time?

Any chance that discontent with RA closing their forum is growing among those of us who work in PLC's.

It's the cost! Getting travel approved for anything is next to impossible at the moment. Plus going to automation fairs is viewed by some management types as a waist of time, they are just excuses to get out of work and do a little socializing. If the event were being held somewhere within 4 hours driving distance, I would go. Maybe they will have one in Atlanta or Charlotte sometime in the future. Every two years our local McNaught-McKay puts on a pretty good show in house, I try to attend all of these and it allows me to stay in contact with other locals in the field.

I think you are right on that. Being up "North" here in Virginia puts me close to that 4 hour driving window

Ken I'd vote for Atlanta or Nashville since both are driving distance for me. Charlotte has a nice airport, but a little far to drive. And again Airfare is hare to justify for training the local rep can deliver or schedule in eventually. And have more people attend than just the engineer.

You may check with your distributor, some of them have AF travel packages available. I heard some advertising while on hold with Mc-Mc and Rexel. Others probably have this as well.

More Info.... 4_PAGE_AUTOMATION_FLYER1.pdf AF_2006_INSERT_1.pdf AF_2006_INSERT_2.pdf

I'll be there. 20 min. away from Baltimore. See you there TW John C. Bourg I&C Engineer Baxter Pharmaceuticals / ICTechs.com

OK...I'm here. Where is everyone else?

I am back from Automation Fair - it was a great show I never saw automation event of this size. I never could imagine that so many people have real intrest in automation products. In addition to the main floor, all presentations and labs were completely full with people from around a world. And lunch hall with over 6000 seats was impressive as well! Too bad I did not see anyone from this forum... Hope to meet people at AF'07 in Chicago!

Yes, I must apologize. I said I would be there then ran into some issues with work and couldn't attend. Will definitely try for Chicago

It was in my backyard, and didnt attend. I have been working 70 hrs a week last few weeks for work. I wish I could have made it also.