Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jtheis74

'Black Box' Calculation in RSLogix500?

4 posts in this topic

Is it possible to create a calculation in RSLogix500 that can be hidden from anyone looking at the logic? What we're trying to do is hide a calculation that has three inputs and it generates one output. I think this can be done in RSLogix5000 but I didn't know if it was possible in RSLogix 500. I know that there is security for the entire program, but all we're looking to do is hide one calculation. Joe

Don't think you can do it in 500 but in 5000 place your calculation into its own subroutine and pass the three inputs to it and you can secure the subroutine so that ti does not display. Must be a pretty proprietary calculation to wnat to hide it from people.

Honestly (Having been both the customer and the integrator in my career) -- If I was the customer, I would insist that I am able to see all logic in the processor... I paid for it, I will be maintaining it, I need to have access to it. If the vendor was unwilling to supply it, I would withhold the last installment and that would be the last job he would ever do for me. Also, as the integrator, I want to give the customer as much as possible -- that keeps my phone from ringing when he has problems. The more opportunity he has to help himself, the better! What's so special about the calc that you're unwilling to show it??

If it is important enough for you to need this protection then bump you processor up to a Compactlogix so you can use RsLogix 5000 And I hate passwords too. Put one on a machine here and never get another job here unless you remove it.