Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mellow81

Communicating between ML 1100 and Danfoss FC302 drive

4 posts in this topic

Hi all, I am upgrading the controls on a tablet press and want to communicate to a Danfoss FC302 drive using the channel 0 on the Micrologix 1100 (the ethernet port is connected to a panelview plus). I was told by danfoss that the drive is compatible with modbus and could use modbus to talk to the drive However the drive only has the FC protocol or standard bus available via the rs 485 comms and the info on their site is a bit vague. Has anyone done anything similar to this as I don't think this is possible? If possible or if anyone knows of another way and can explain it to me or has some sample code it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

The Micrologix 1100 can be a Modbus RTU Master or Slave, but I would see if Danfoss could recommend an Ethernet converter for the drive first

you should known that the location of parameter modbus address, you should set up ML1100 as master & danfoss drive as slave,then configure the Node & baud rate & protocal settings, then set up the Message instruction in ML1100.

I have taken a 5/03 with a basic module and used that to communicate to Danfoss' 2800 series drives, they to use the FC protocol, the reason I used a basic module is my channel 0 was tied up to a pc. It's totally different then a modbus protocol. From what I understand its Danfoss' protocol nothing standard about it. If you call Danfoss' and ask them for their VLT 5000 series serial communication doc. it has everything in their about their FC protocol. Or if I can find my file I can email it to you. Good luck it took me about 2 weeks to finally get everything going I had like 84 drives on my network and couple of inverters in between to handle that many nodes.