Followers 0
Chris Elston

RSS Robot Poll?

RSS Robot Poll?   10 votes

1. 1. Do you like the RSS feeds?

• Yes
    • Yes, but with modifications
    • No

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

14 posts in this topic

So the RSS Robot has been trained. How do you like it? I dunno myself. I see that most people aren't reading much so I didn't know what people thought? Take the POLL. I like to try new things, if it doesn't work, it doesn't work, no harm done.

It's not that I don't like it, but I'm not too enthusiastic about it in the current setup. Perhaps you could add some poll option like Yes but ... and people can post their wishes ?

Ok done. Let us have it! We will see what we can do.

I'm going to give it a few weeks before I vote. I'm with PDL, I think that it is a great idea but it needs something different.

I voted "Yes but". I like the idea of news, but I'm not crazy about the current method. I'll have to give some thought to what improvements I would like to see.

If I could vote again ( which I can't ) I would vote Yes but: The news posts shouldn't be *posts* so that they appear as user posted items. (the view new post button shows me 4 pages of posts of which there is not even a full page of users posts.) Perhaps it is possible they are flagged as new in the News section, but don't appear in the new post list. Sort the posts. Easiest would be to create a section for each RSS feed, but this could grow fastly into several pages. A "submit new RSS links" topic so that users can submit RSS links they would like to see posted. The forum administrator can select which ones are suitable for public posting (I know Chako; don't worry I'll keep you busy ) That's all I can think of right now. Like I said, I really like the idea of a central news portal which is auto updated.

I must really like you guys.... How about this. BETA LINK: http://www.mrplc.com/news.php Instead of using the forums, we can put this on the front page of mrplc.com or on a page all by itself and you have to click a link to see the news.

Yes, perhaps like the gallery? Once you go to it the gallery indicates new pics. And we like you too, that's why we always push you that step further It's for you own advancement

as most above have said - they are nice, but they don't really fit in the forum...

Or perhaps leave them in their current state in the forum and open them up for discussion. Instead of indicating there are new topics when there is a new feed, could you indicate it when someone replies to it? At the rate RSS Robot post it will be hard for me to read them all. But lets say PDL is interested in Group A, Ken is interested in Group B, and I am interested in Group C. If we see an article that is real interesting then we could post on it, then it would show a new topic for everyone to read. For instance, I just read THIS feed and would like to ask others opinions. If the threads were open we could discuss it there Of course as I write this I think that there could be a negative impact to having these threads open. It may be better to just start a thread in the General Topics if we see a feed that we wish to discuss What do you guys think?

Inspite of putting the news in between the current setup you can have a seperate news page (as the news.php link) and also provide RSS Feeds so that people who wish can directly subscribe to the news

I turned off the RSS_Robot user for now.....she was such a good user too, never complained about working 24/7 for us. Hemant, RSS feeds from MRPLC are available, scroll down to the bottom of any forum, click on the RSS button in the lower left.

Yes, very true, she never complained but how many Ad Links did she click

Yeah see it now actually I use firefox and it shows rss symbol in the address bar itself if rss is available for a site When I wrote the last post there was no rss symbol for this site but today its there :)