Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
swimmy67

What is "RSS" Feed

10 posts in this topic

Hello All, I hope this is not a dumb question, but what is an "RSS" feed is. What does "RSS" stand for? I have been seeing this a lot lately and I just want to stay in the "loop". Thank you for your patients.

Read more about RSS here.

Here is a discription of the RSS feed that I found at www.RRStar.com After reading the description, I now understand what RSS is and how it works.

check out my Google Start page. Everything on my google start page is an RSS Feed. It's my own customized page for all the information I want right when I first login.

Ok I just have to know, what is Duct Tape Marketing?

It's when you're an engineering and don't know how to market yourself or your business....that's my definition. Today's tip is pretty good... http://www.ducttapemarketing.com/weblog.php?id=P803 This guy has given me tons of ideas over the past six months. Worth the RSS feed in you own your own business.

Chris,Have you managed to get a plain URL in the Google start page ? Perhaps there's a plugin or something like it but I can't find it. I was thinking it would be nice to have all my favorite links on a second tab, also when you log in on a public PC you have everything there. I have the MrPLC RSS feed on there too, but would it be possible to include the section in the feed title ? like [General] Need help with... [Allen Bradley] Anyone knows how to.... [Omron] Looking for... P.S. I like the movies tab, think I'm gonna get it too. Did you see the Departed? Saw it last night, brilliant movie Bye Pim

Wow, I thought it was a site for duct tape uses. I never hunted for the link. This guy has some great ideas. Thanks

I'll have to check into the titles. What do you mean a plain URL? Like a non-RSS feed? I don't think that works yet... Haven't seen that movie yet.

Just like a bookmark I mean. Haven't found it yet so don't think there is. [OT] Watch the movie! It's a masterpiece from Martin Scorsese with some big names Jack Nicholson, Matt Damon, Mark Wahlberg, Leonardo di Caprio (fantastic role), Martin Sheen, Alec Baldwin. [/OT]