Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Beryl

1756-ENBT vs. 1756-ENET

8 posts in this topic

Hopfully a real easy one. What is the difference betweeen the contrologix ENBT and the ENET? The manuals look very simialr. Thanks,

Allen bradley discontinued the ENET for the ENBT; they are interchangeable. I beleive this was doen to go 10/100 mb instead for just 10 mb that the enet was rated for.

Allen bradley discontinued the ENET for the ENBT; they are interchangeable. I beleive this was doen to go 10/100 mb instead for just 10 mb that the enet was rated for.

From what I understand, The ENBT supports the Rockwell protocol "Ethernet/IP". The ENET does not.

The 1756-ENET is 10 Mb/s; the 1756-ENBT is 10/100 Mb/s The 1756-ENET/B and 1756-ENBT support Ethernet/IP The ENBT supports full duplex I don't have the figures to hand, but the ENBT supports substantially more connections and transactions/sec than the ENET(AorB). The 1756-ENET is about to be discontinued.

One of the most important differences between 1756-ENET and 1756-ENBT is: The 1756-ENBT supports I/O scheduled via Ethernet. This is configurable with RSNetworx for Ethernet IP.

Actually, if you have a 1756-ENET with Series B firmware, you can support EtherNet/IP I/O connections. It's only 10 mb and half-duplex, and only 900 frames per second instead of 5000 frames per second, but it does work. It's pretty good for Produced/Consumed Tags over EtherNet/IP. Older 1756-ENETs could be flashed to Series B firmware if they came from the factory with 1.18 firmware and had the PAL chip from Hardware revision H or later. The 1756-ENBT is faster and cheaper.

Wow, Its's a good thing I included the "From what I understand". I guess I'm wrong again. Learn something new everyday...