Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
scaver

Communication plc [cpm1] and pc [serial]

7 posts in this topic

Hi, I'm working on a project where i should have a communication between a omron cpm1 and a pc. The software I use on the pc is Borland C++ builder 5.0 How can I communicate with the plc? Should I use something like a modem connection or a telnet connection? Or something else? Does anybody had a component for borland to communicate with the plc? Please help me. I want to communicate btw over a serial connection. ???

Omron has an Active X componenet that might meed your needs.  I know it works with Borland Delphi. http://oeiweb.omron.com/oei/Products-Software-CXlite.htm

Isn't there a dll or someting else I can import that's free?

If you are using CX Programmer to program the CPM1, the CX Server package that comes with CXP supports DDE.  See DDE manager.

Hi Scaver, as jayA say you can use the Active-X component it's call MSCOMM.OCX, it's work verry well in Visual Basic Or.. You can use the simple, Compolet omron product, but you must use Visual basic as developt programming

Hi scaver, Registering MsComm32.ocx ActiveX controller is a problem, and I don't trust working with MsComm32 under Borland compilers. You can find plenty of serial and parallel communication components in http://www.torry.net/modems.htm That is my favorite web site for Delphi & C ++ Builder resources. Have a nice day

In the download section Jay also loaded an example Hostlink demo program written in Visual Basic... perhaps that code could also give you some ideas...