Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Craig

C200HS

11 posts in this topic

I am using winsys and trying to connect via the serial port via a usb convertor to my laptop No joy at all any sugestions. Ihave the correct universal serail cable so just figure my USB convertor is the problem.

... Hi Craig, Do you mean Syswin ? It is possible your usb-serial converter is the problem. Not all usb-serial converters will work. (Omron NZ sell a usb-serial converter which works with all Omron products.) Couple of things to try: 1. Check the Syswin communications settings, default is shown as below, make sure the COM port number is correct. 2. Set DIP switch 5 on the PLC to ON, sometimes the PLC ports configuration can be non default (depends on application etc). Note that this will force the PLC ports to 'default' settings. Nibroc

Thanks for the info Nibroc, Yes I did mean Syswin. I will try omron for a USB convertor it has to be the problem have had similar problems with AB PLC's and USB converters.

Try a PC with a 'real' serial port to check the cable & soft is good. Use only a few metres of cable (10 foot max) with a USB - RS232 serial converter, they do not have enough grunt to run 50' of cable. If you need to use a longer cable then you will need RS485/422 (line drivers) at each end or use fibre / Ether etc or an 'industrial' USB-RS232 converter.

Thanks Nibroc, I got a usb unit from omron nz but still having a few problems I get an error saying "this command CV mode only " happens when I hit the test PLC button. I have tried a few slower baud rates but guess I should try 2400 as the PLC maybe older than 1995. ANy other thoughts on what could be wrong. Regards Craig W

With the "CV mode only" message, are you sure you have Syswin set up for a C200HS and not a CV processor? Could be easy to have the wrong cpu type set.

Connecting to a C200HS at 19,200 baud is fine with the right cable and Syswin. I would certainly be having a good look at the setup in Syswin for the right PLC, as suggested.

Thanks Bob appreciate the advise from you and others. I didn't realise I needed to setup the PLC type etc. I am a newbie with omron PLC's. Guess I better read the manual first!!! Will go to the site tomorrow and hopefully get attached and upload. The default on my PC was a CV1000 so looks like this must be my problem. With Rockwell PLC's the descriptors etc are stored in an offline file is this the same with C200HS?

If I remember correctly, there is only one file for Syswin and that is a file with the extension .swp - this file contains all the information for the project including PLC type, project settings (comms etc), comments, symbols - the lot. Have not used Syswin for a long time. Have been using CX-Programmer since it was released in Australia.

Yes. They are stored in the same program file as Bobb mentioned a *.swp file. Using CX-Programmer you can store comments on some PLC models directly

Many thanks to all I got online to the C200HS via the USB @ 9600 baud.