Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sadlerej

cqm1 programming software/cable

6 posts in this topic

I need to backup a program from a barloader that has an omron cqm1 cpu41. I have cx programming software 1.1 and no cable. What I need to know is 1. is the cx programming software the correct software for the cqm1 cpu41 if not what software do I need and 2. what cable do I need to connect. Thanks

You need Omron cable part No. CQM1-CIF02. CX Programmer will should work just fine. Edit: I just noticed you said you have version 1.1. I am not absolutely sure it will work with CQM1, I have never seen version 1.1. I would suggest you get the latest version of CX Programmer. Edited by IO_Rack

If your CQM1 has a serial port on it then you may build a cable and communicate via Host Link. Check the downloads section of mrplc and search for Omron cables. Look for the Host Link to PC cable.

Pretty sure CX-Programmer v1.1 will support the CQM1. The CPU41 will have a serial port. Not sure if it is being used, or if the default parameters have been changed. Use link below for cable information. Omron 9 pin cable diagram Hope this will help. Edited by gtsuport

Yes the CQM1 is supported....argh horrible memories of this first attempt with CX.... if you can upgrade to CX-One.... welll worth it...