Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
soundwave

Multiple BMP Triggered by Multiple Bits

5 posts in this topic

Hello All, I am programming with a CJ1M and a NS-10-V1 HMI screen and have relatively new versions of CX programmer and CX designer (1.00). Basically I have four bitmaps which i want to trigger depending on the status of the follwing bits; CB_Closed CB_Open Isolator_Closed Earth_Switch_Closed So an example scenario earth switch open, isolator closed, cb closed then show a bitmap of the single line energised. another one might be earth switch open, isolator closed, cb open so show the feeder unenergised but with the isolator closed Ideally i would want a bit lamp with multiple bitmaps and the combination of digital bits corrosponds to the bitmap displayed. I am after a function like in the panelviews multistate indicator can someone keep me up to date? However from an earlier post i believe this has to be done by overlaying bit lamps. If this is the case so be it, and i will do something tricky plus put in the request for the next version cheers

I am not sure of one that uses 3 bits as identifiers, but there is a way to do that based on a combination of 2 bits which grants you 4 picture styles. The way you do it is with the PushButton. At the bottom of the shape list you can do selects shape based on combination of display addresses. You then just use your Bitmaps as the shapes. You can just turn off the ability to use the switch as a button and nobody will be the wiser. I do this often when I need a 3 or 4 state indicator. Another option is to use frames, and write some PLC code to sort your three bits so that it writes into a memory location for changing the frame. This would be my solution I think because it shouldn't be too hard depending on how you do your bits. Example: CB = W0.00 Isolator = W0.01 Switch = W0.02 By making them sequential like this, you will automatically create numbered combinations in word W0 that the NS screen can use. IF: CB off, ISO off, SW off = 0 CB on, ISO off, SW off = 1 CB off, ISO on, SW off = 2 CB on, ISO on, SW off = 3 CB off, ISO off, SW on = 4 CB on, ISO off, SW on = 5 CB off, ISO on, SW on = 6 CB on, ISO on, SW on = 7 This will automatically switch the frame and if you dont use tabs in the frames it will seem like its one picture changing. Edited by ChrisKozanecki

Thanks Chris, That is exactly what i was after in this application. Secondly in a few other applications i will go to word level with and display using a word lamp so that i can show several states of an object. thanks again

i always use word lamp and some code in plc. word lamp addresses e.g. dm100. in ladder depending on a bit status i move 0,1,2,3 etc into dm100, and each number has its own bitmap in NS. I allways have a section in ladder for ns animation. regards.