Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mr_shadow

PROFIBUS DIAGNOSTICS

2 posts in this topic

Hi everybody; I have STEP 7 V5.3 SP3 but it is not licensed. I have 2 questions to you. 1. What is the difference between the licenced one and the unlicensed one?. As i know normally if you use unlicensed one you only get 2 kind of messages in your PC 1 .There is no valid licence please install a valid licence you press "OK" and go on. 2. "Do you want to activate licence?" you have two choices 1.Activate 2. Skip.As i know if you have not valid licence key and you press skip no problem but i think if you press activate then system halts:) i don't know what happens because i didn't click it. 2. I want to see profibus nodes' situtaions in the network , some of the other brands you can be online on the prof?bus network and when you right click on the symbol of that node you can see the diagnostics of that node.I want to learn if it is possible in my unlicensed STEP7? If it is possible how can i do it? can anybody tell me basically this subject? Thanks a lot

Hi mr_shadow. If you have once installed a license on the PC and have then removed it, then STEP7 remembers it and will allow you to continue to work, but you will recieve frequent nag screens about the missing license. If you never had a license on the PC, then STEP7 will not allow you to work. If you accept to install the 14 day trial license, then you can work for 14 days like normal, and with no nag-screens. Like stated above, you can under certain circumstances work with an unlicensed STEP7, also with Profibus HW diagnostics. Connect to the S7 PLC is the master in the Profibus network. In the STEP7 project highlight the PLC CPU, then rightclick with the mouse and select "PLC" .. "Hardware diagnostics". If there are any problems with the master or any of its configured Profibus nodes, it will be displayed. You can click on nodes with problems in a window to get more detailed information about the prolem(s).