Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Deke2006

All I/O indicator lights are on?

4 posts in this topic

Hi, I have a CPM2C-32CDTC-D connected to the XW2C-20G5-IN16 input module with cable G79-100C and a Relay output module with cable G79-150C. First question is are these the right cables on the correct modules? For some reason all the indicating lights are on, on both modules, the indicating lights on the PLC are correct, but why are these lights on the modules not right? Voltage to each module is correct 24V+ on the correct terminal and 0V on correct terminal. Wish I had an operation manual for these modules. Any help would be greatly appreciated, Thanks, Deke2006

Per the catalog it looks like you have the wrong cable for the input module, should be XW2Z-100A. What is the part number on the output module? May be a similar problem there. Cabling information is in Manual W356. Edited by gtsuport

Yes, I did manage to find a pdf showing I have the wrong cable on the input module, got one on order it will here monday, also in that pdf file it looks like the relay output module is a pnp module when it should be npn, this is the number on the module "-1 DC24", this indicates that it's a pnp module. Man I cannot beleive the electrical outfit who put this together, they sent us this fixture said they couldn't get it to work with the logic I sent (which happens to be in 10 other fixtures just like this one). any who, Thanks for the reply! :) Deke2006

I am guessing it is a G7TC, and yes the "-1" indicates a PNP unit, you will need a NPN for the processor you have. Sorry you are having a bad time with the "electrical outfit". It can be tough to find good help. Let me know if you have any other questions.