Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mr_shadow

PROFISAFE

4 posts in this topic

Hello everybody; I don't know PROFISAFE ?n details but at the moment i have a prof?bus network that is completely from SIEMENS ( existing CPU ?S S7-CPU315 2PN-DP) in the network thera are SIEMENS ET200S (IM151" 6ES7-151-1BA01-0AB0) slaves in the slaves there are Digital inputs-digital outputs and PROFISAFE inputs (6ES7-138-4FA01-0AB0) and PROFISAFE outputs (6ES7-138-4FB01-0AB0). I downloaded the slave's interface modules GSD files from siemens website (IM151" 6ES7-151-1BA01-0AB0) and i tried to make a network CONFIGURATION ?n an other brand of cpu from OMRON when i added a slave in the slave's list i could see the normal digital inputs and output's codes but i coudn't see any code about PROFISAFE inputs (6ES7-138-4FA01-0AB0) and PROFISAFE outputs (6ES7-138-4FB01-0AB0).Can anyone tell me this happens why and how could i solve this problem? My second question is if i make hardware configuration in SIMATIC MANAGER i couldn't see PROFISAFE inputs and outputs in the list, i still use SIMATIC MANAGER V5.3 SP1.Can anybody help me about this subject?

Try this search I put in http://support.automation.siemens.com/WW/l...mp;x=16&y=3 Looks like you need something called an F configuration pack: The F Configuration Pack V5.4 + SP1 is available for downloading under entry ID !15208817!. The new version corrects two problems of the F Configuration Pack V5.4...... Here is a safety manual search replace the part number with text Fail-safe module manual and this search comes up with a manual which may help Personally I've not used it, sorry can't be more help. Edited by Groo

That manual is what you want, named 'S7dis_safety_e.pdf', it explains how to look at and configure these units. You do need the F conguration pack to add to your Step 7 software, but you need Step7 5.3 service pack 3 minimum to use it.

1st, in order to handle safety via the safety modules in the ET200S stations, the CPU must be an "F" type, ie. S7 315F-2PN/DP. You did not state the order number so I cannot tell if you have this type of CPU or just a normal CPU. 2nd, you need an option for STEP7 called "Safety Integrated". It is not free, so I think that the download that Groo linked to must be a service pack that you can only use if you have the software allrady. 3rd, I do not know if Omron supports Profisafe. Profibus is supported by almost any vendor, but Profisafe is limited to just a few.