Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
albertq1

Anyone tried cutouch?

5 posts in this topic

Hello, i am making some choices on which PLCs to use, I am working on a touch-screen library system that would consist of 2 touchscreens, i've seen this cutouch from comfile, has anyone tried this product? I am also thinking about a ab micrologix 1000, can i interface that w/ some HMIs? hmm....I am not sure what would be the best solution here, still thinking, any thoughts?

There are many vendors whose HMI product can talk to the MicroLogix. You said you were thinking of using this. What else would you use? That will determine which vendors products can talk to it. As for the MicroLogix, Mitsubishi's E1000 terminals and GOT1000 terminals have drivers for DF1 communications.

well, i am thinking that if i get a micrologix and HMI then it would cost more than getting one a cutouch...But i am not sure...hur...

Never heard of cutouch. Not sure what you are actually talking about.

Why don't you describe your application and what you are looking to do. The information you have provided so far is quite vague. Without knowing details, it is difficult to assist you in determining what controller product or manufacturer would best fit your application. The vast majority of PLCs can be interfaced to HMIs. Many have their own protocol that the display manufacturers have written for, or in our case we have used an industry standard protocol (ModBus RTU).