Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ivan Vincent

modicon megelis xbt p021010 communication problem

6 posts in this topic

hello..... i having problem with the magelis op which i can communicate with the normal pc and the same cable i try to communicate with the laptop and op...but i cannt....error..."xbt-1000 cannot access the communication driver.....i already try to 3 laptop...showing same error... anybody can help me solve this problem...urgent

Is your laptop using a USB to serial adapter? If so, you're in trouble. The Unitelway drivers don't work with USB to serial converters. And the Unitelway drivers are used for Magelis communications. Best bet if this is the case is to look into PCMCIA cards with serial ports. They work more reliably than the USB serial adapters.

hi crossbow.. thanks for the respone. well, im not using usb to serial adapter. im using serial to communicate with my OP. i tried using my pc communicate with my OP and it works. but when i try to use my notebook its not working. both also have com port and usb port. both also using the same OS. the only differences is my pc hav no S5/S7 program install in it wherelse my note book have the software install. so, will it be this is the problem for the communication? coz as i know S5 used com port to communicate wit PLC. will it be the setting coz i hav try to change the setting and it still don work. therefore, should i uninstall my S5 program and try it again or there is no problem related to it? thanks in advanced regards, ivan

That would be my first guess. Something is using the serial port and not letting XBT-L1000 use it. You might want to verify the port settings in the software too, check the Unitelway driver setup in the Control Panel. What version of XBT-L1000?

ok... what u mean by "Something is using the serial port and not letting XBT-L1000 use it"? izit its running now or its had been assign to the particular software? the version im using is 4.42. if after i have change the software setting and it still unable communicate what should i do? thanks is advanced regards, ivan

Some other software package might have taken the COM port. This is common with Allen Bradley's RSLinx software, where even if not in use, it grabs the serial port and no other Windows applications can use it. Check for some other software using that serial port. If that's not it, perhaps the hardware configuration of the serial port is bad. One thing I ran into on older laptops was if the BIOS had an option for automatic setting of the COM port, it would not work. We had to go in the BIOS and assign it as COM1 not automatic. Last version I've used was 3.7. I've been out of that product line for a few years.