Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
OdinPT

Connection between CJ1M CPU21 and PC

26 posts in this topic

Hi Again, I have recieved my CJ1M and my CS1W-CN226 cable (yeah! ). But... i have a problem when i connect the cable to the PC and i run CX-Programmer (ver5.0), i choose the Device and The CPU, Toolbus as the Network type (since was this one i used in others Projects when i used the CPM1A), i press ok and then try to work online but it seems it doesn't find the PLC. Im very, but very new, to the PLC world so i might be doing some realy noob thing... if someone could help me i would apreciate it. Thanks.

In the Device setting, did you click on the Setting button to the right and set the CPU type? In the Network setting, the default for a CJ1M on the peripheral port would be Toolbus. Again click on the Setting button to the right, then click the Driver tab and make sure the correct Com port and baud rate are selected. (9600 baud is default). You can also try the pull down menu PLC, Auto Online, if the above is not sucessful. Hope this will help.

Hi, The Auto Online ! i forgot that, but now i have done the Auto Online but it says after the search, Failed to conencto to the PLC.... could be from the Dip SW configuration ? i have: 1 - ON 2 - OFF 3 - OFF 4 - OFF 5 - OFF 6 - OFF 7 - ON 8 - OFF Thanks.

The switch settings are ok for connecting. No 1 is ON meaning the user program is write protected, that's kind of strange if it is a new CPU. When you try to connect, do you see anything light up on the PRPHL LED ? Attached the switch settings. See if you can download the W393-E1-07. For download links see the FAQ in my sig. Pages_from_W393_E1_07_CJ1_Operation_Manual.pdf

Hi, The SW1 i put it off since i don't need it one, you say all is ok for the connection right ? When i try to connect there isn't any light turning on, ill read the PDF u posted. If there is anything more i could try say it please, the cable is from Omron, the PLC is new, probably something im not doing right... But untill now everything seems preaty obvious how to be done. Thanks.

If the PRPHL LED doesn't light up when you proceed with this step Then you don't have to read the manual. I think you don't have your connection setup correct in CXP Check your COM port number to be correct, and tick the box "Baud Rate Auto-Detect". When possible try another COM port. Do you have any software running that might occupy the COM port ? Attached the manual for future reference. CPU is powered right !? W393_E1_07_CJ1_Operation_Manual.pdf

Are you using a "real" comm port on the pc?

Hi, I only have a COM1 Port, the PLC is turned ON, what do you mean on a "Real com Port", i use the same port to program CPM1A with RS232C and its ok... now im trying to connect CJ1M with a CS1W-CN226 and simply doesn't seem to connect... I don't have other software using the Port, The CPU is powered on and the RUN light is on too.. that i dont know why. Other thing im not understanding very well... the "on" on the Dip SW is the normal position ? if we push it to the left it stays "off" is that it ? Thanks. Edited by OdinPT

By a "real com port" bleubyu means a physical port like Instead of an USB <> RS232 converter.If possible try to install CXP and try to connect using another system !?

Oh, yes is a real com port my PC com port, i only have one to test it... but i worked with CPM1A and RS232C and it worked ok. I really dont know what to do more...

1. Try to switch off and on of PLC then try to connect. choose Baud Rate Autodetect in CX-Programmer and try with different baud rates. 2. or put DIP Switch 4 to ON and in CX-Programmer set SYSWAY 9600bps. if this is a new PLC this should be default settings of peripherial port (only with DIP Switch 4 ON) 3. or use the the cable you used with cpm1a and connect to RS232 port on the cpu unit. Try SYSWAY 9600. also, if not working, put DIP Switch 5 to ON and try to connect with Toolbus, baud rate choose, and check baud rate autodetect. try several times switch off and on. Hope this helps. Edited by tashinz

Suprise... the CPM1A isn't working either... i have tryed the RS232C connection and i can't seem to connect too... is there anything missing in the CX Programmer ? this is very strange, i have tryed all baud rates and nothing seems to work. My COM port is Ok because i tested it with other software, i think it might be some CX-Programmer setup... i don't know... the dip switches are ok too as someone said it, i really cant connect with the CX-Programmer.

if you have syswin try to connect to cpm1a with that cable. then you'll know if it's cx-programmer's fault.

Do a loopback test of your COM port. Nevermind. Post a screencopy of the Help > About box in CX-Programmer.

Hi, that will show some company information that i think i'm not allowed to show.... Tell me what you want, i print screen or past what you need. Thanks.

Just wanted to know what is says at " License type:", and which CX-Server version you are running. Have you tried Syswin as Tashinz has suggested ?

Hi, Licence type: 1 user C:\Program Files\OMRON\CX-Programmer\CX-P.EXE 5.0.0.5 C:\Program Files\OMRON\CX-Programmer\CX-PRES.DLL 5.0.0.5 C:\Program Files\OMRON\CX-Programmer\CX-PDATA.DLL 5.0.0.5 C:\Program Files\OMRON\CX-Programmer\CX-PDRES.DLL 5.0.0.5 C:\Program Files\OMRON\CX-Programmer\OSLICENCE.DLL 1.2.0.32 C:\Program Files\OMRON\CX-Programmer\LICLANG.DLL 1.2.0.32 C:\Program Files\OMRON\CX-Programmer\SYSWIN.DAT 07/03/00 C:\Program Files\OMRON\CX-Programmer\FILEPORT.EXE 5.0.0.0 C:\Program Files\OMRON\CX-Programmer\FPORTRES.DLL Not found. C:\Program Files\OMRON\CX-Programmer\SWP_CXP.OCX 5.0.0.0 C:\Program Files\OMRON\CX-Programmer\SWPCXRES.DLL Not found. C:\Program Files\OMRON\CX-Programmer\CCXPIMPORTEROCX.OCX 5.0.0.0 C:\Program Files\OMRON\CX-Programmer\OCXPRT.OCX 5.0.0.0 C:\Program Files\OMRON\CX-Programmer\OCXPRTRES.DLL 5.0.0.0 C:\Program Files\OMRON\CX-Programmer\KBASECOMP.DLL 5.0.0.5 C:\Program Files\OMRON\CX-Programmer\KBASECOMPRES.DLL 5.0.0.5 C:\Program Files\OMRON\CX-Programmer\LADDERDOCUMENT.DLL 5.0.0.5 C:\Program Files\OMRON\CX-Programmer\LADDERDOCUMENTRES.DLL 5.0.0.5 C:\Program Files\OMRON\CX-Programmer\LADDERPARSER.DLL 5.0.0.5 C:\Program Files\OMRON\CX-Programmer\LADDERVIEW.DLL 5.0.0.5 C:\Program Files\OMRON\CX-Programmer\LADDERVIEWRES.DLL 5.0.0.5 C:\Program Files\OMRON\CX-Programmer\PHEADDOC.DLL 5.0.0.5 C:\Program Files\OMRON\CX-Programmer\PHEADDOCRES.DLL 5.0.0.5 C:\Program Files\OMRON\CX-Programmer\PHEADVIEW.DLL 5.0.0.5 C:\Program Files\OMRON\CX-Programmer\PHEADVIEWRES.DLL 5.0.0.5 C:\Program Files\OMRON\CX-Programmer\STEDITOR.DLL 5.0.0.5 C:\Program Files\OMRON\CX-Programmer\STEDITORRES.DLL 5.0.0.5 C:\Program Files\OMRON\CX-Programmer\STRUCTUREDTEXTCOMPILER.DLL 5.0.0.5 C:\Program Files\OMRON\CX-Programmer\STRUCTUREDTEXTCOMPILERRES.DLL 5.0.0.5 Here it is the file versions, is it ok ? About the Syswin, im seeing if i can find a demo version to try it but i can't seem to find it. Thanks.

Well that looks ok. If you can't get hold of Syswin try on another system.

connect up everything and if you have one an RS232 checker. Then try a simple com1 test <start><run> cmd<enter> (goes to command prompt) mode com1:300,n,8,1<enter> (should echo back the com1 settings -- if it gives a fault you have a com1 or cable problem) copy con com1<enter> qqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqq<enter> <<ctrl><Z>> (this sends a load of q's to the com port at a slow speed so you can see the lights on a RS232 checker flash and the PRPHL LED on the CJ1M should flash as well, NB <<Ctrl><Z>> means both keys together. you could send a text file if you want with "copy 'textfile' com1<enter>" good luck....

Hello OdinPT, No, when the switch is set to the left, it is ON. When the switches are in the 'upright' position, that is OFF. Another thing you might try is from the 'Tools' menu, select 'Network Settings'. This will start CX-Net. In CX-Net, select 'Project' menu, 'Scan Serial Ports for PLCs'. Select all baud rates and CS1 Toolbus as the cable type. Click 'Next'... If the PLC is found, click on the 'Node' device drag it from the 'Scan' window, and drop it into the CX-Net 'Project Devices' window. This will invoke an 'Add Project Device' dialogue. At the bottom of this dialogue, under 'Baud Rate' will be the connection details that are in the PLC. Click 'Add PLC'. The PLC will be added to the CX-Net project. Use 'PLC' menu, 'Open', and an online connection should be made. Set the Network Settings in CX-P to the same as in the CX-Net project, and all should be OK. Hope this helps Regards anonymous

On my CJ1M's I have all the DIP Switches off (to the right) for setup and programing.

considering OFF and ON understanding, maybe the DIP Switch 4 is ON then? Put it to OFF (position to the viewer's right) then set Toolbus, baud rate autodetect. any luck?

Hi ppl, I brought the PLC to my home... to try in my personal computer (don't tell anyone im not allowed ), and it worked... i simply put the cable in the com1 port and on CX-Programmer, it was communicating... I have tryed all the helps in this topic in the project place and it simply doesn't work... the Com port is Ok is working, but yet the PLC doesn't communicate. I have tro try instal CX-Programmer again... it can only be that... The versions are 5.0 in the 2 pcs... i dont understand.. Thanks.

I think someone had a similar issue a while back. Jay Anthony uploaded a couple of files that will remove CX-Server and Fins Gateway. They do not remove completely when you use Windows uninstall. Go to the Download Code link at the top of the page, choose Omron, then Utilities, you will see the two files as referred to above. I have NOT used these myself, so do not know how they work. Perhaps someone else can help with the procedure. Hope this will helps. Found the thread! This thread may help. Not sure but worth a try. Edited by gtsuport

Hi, Im not going to be able to test that in the next week, but as soon i test it ill say something in this Post. Thanks.