Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mozfet

Internet remote control?

5 posts in this topic

Hello. 1. Is CX-supervisor capable for internet remote control. I need something like the WinCC/webnavigator. 2. Can I check, debug and reprogram my PLC remotly throuh internet? Regards.

You can run a CX-Supervisor client over ethernet, so for internet I would use a VPN connection. Have a look a the attached section of the CXS user manual. I believe configuring DCOM can be a pain though. Yes, you can check, debug and reprogram your PLC through internet. Same as above, I would use a VPN connection. To remotely control customer SCADA systems I mostly use a remote desktop program. The advantage of using remote desktop software is if you have CXP on the particular PC where CXS is running on, you can also use CXP to program your system. Instead of running these programs locally, yo uuse them remotely. You can transfer every file in every direction. (data logs, csv, whatever). When the connection get's lost nothing will happen at the remote side, you can blank the remote screen and disable mouse/keyboard during connection. If you choose to try I suggest Remote Administrator. It can store connection profiles and it is one of the most fast and secure connections. CHAPTER_15___Connecting_to_a_remote_CX_Supervisor_application.pdf

Yes DCOM is more for private LAN / WAN connections where you have a Domain Controller (Server). This should be possible with good VPN software although I would take more knowledge than mine about Firewalls and network settings. Remote Control sounds like a good option if the software is all already installed remotely? I used to use WinVNC which was excellent but now often use the remote Windows Desktop for general purposes.

hi, i am very interested in this thread, i only own the Cx-Programer v5.0, can i go online with PLCs wich are conected in an ethernet network with a PC with internet conection? is there any manual wich splain how to do this? thank you

Hi, First you need to decide between running CX-P locally with Ethernet bridging through the Internet or controlling of CX-P on a remote machine. If the PLC network already has a Router or proxy server PC then you should be able to setup IP addresses and allow firewall settings to allow remote connection. I don't know of any manual or white paper for this but should be standard IP settings any network expert can cope with. This can be a lot easier if your Internet Provider supplies VPN client software so that your remote PC 'appears' to be connected to the virtual network directly. Most remote control software can also be easily used over VPN connection as if on the local network. The internet connection then becomes a transparent part of this so if you can get if working in your office then you should be able to getting working remotely over VPN. Regards, Berti