Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
moltra

good low cost DC Drive

8 posts in this topic

I am looking for a good low cost DC variable speed drive. Input 230VAC output to the Arm is 180VDC and Field 100VDC runs a 3HP DC Motor, I am upgrading an old machine with PLC control and the old Fincor drive has a burnt out card. I would appreciate any and all help. Thanks Moltra

Check with Baldor, I dont know if they have one for your specs but they are reasonably priced and are reliable, I have a lot of SEW but they are all AC inverters I dont know if they have DC and your hint "low cost" I think they are out, but they have a good product.

I have always found SSD drives to be good. http://www.ssddrives.com/usa/Products/DcDrives/DcDrives.php

I've had good luck with Dart Controls

Penta Power from KB Electronics is a cheep inexpensive drive.

Hi Moltra. Dont know where you are based. However nowhere in the world are things cheaper than in the Indian market. Here, I know for a fact that the cheapest workable drive(Works very decently) is DELTA, a Chinese make drive. It has excellent interfaces. Lookup www.Delta.com.tw. Here in Mumbai(Bombay) a 3 HP drive cost @$ 300/= Regards, best of luck. Raj s.Iyer Edited by rajsiyer

Delta doesn't make DC drives, only AC VFDs and AC servo drives. I'll second the Dart recommendation. They are as cheap as they come and I've never had one die.