Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ivan Vincent

S5 communication

3 posts in this topic

GoodDay to all, i need a very urgent favor from u all. im trying to communicate S5 to my notebook by using USB port eventhough my notebook has a com port. im using S5 cable with RS232 USB. not only it cant connect and it show this error message "system message no:0334". can anyone please tell me what is the message about? does the error got to do with my notebook since it have a com port and i cant use the USB as my communication? or i have a notebook without a com port can solve this problem? i know there is this a cable called PG-USB cable 9359-1 to communicate S5 but its costly. can this problem be solve with the current situation? or i have to purchase the PG-USB cable? thanks in advanced. regards, sun367

By experience, using a usb to rs232 converter is not possible with S5 software. You must use a real com port. However it exists usb cable with S5 software patch (not tested). http://www.process-informatik.de (German)

You can change receive buffer in serial port to small size. In Control Panel -> System -> Device Manager ->Ports chose one port and then go to properties -> Port settings and dhen Advanced and try. Sometimes siemens cables and transmitters doesn't work with no siemens notebooks.