Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mitsibushiman

100ms retentive timer question

6 posts in this topic

This is gonna be a dumb question but im totally STUCK! How do i program a 100ms retentive timer using GX IEC developer v5.0 I can program FB TIMERS and normal TIMER_M timers no problems but can i bu**er get a retentive timer to work! Any advice much appreciated! If possible a screenshot pic in LD would be ideal. I cant BELIEVE this has me stumped, iv looked at the programming manuals and the GX IEC Dev manual but cant find an example of a retentive timer. Cheers all in advance

C'mon ! Someone must know! MAYDAY MAYDAY MAYDAY Iv got 1hr before i go back to work an i gotta have this finished for 2nite!

Question: Are you using the correct type of timer? Have you set in the PLC parameters the fact that you are using retentive timers? By default the retentive timers "ST" rather than "T" are set to 0 points. To use them you must reduce the number of T's to increase the number of ST's

Good old Nav to the rescue Actually i think this may be the problem (incorect parameters), something else came up at work today so this wasnt top priority, but it will be back on the agenda tomorrow. in the device settings dialogue box i have the following Internal Relay 8k Latch Relay 8k Annuciator 2k Edge Relay 2k Timer 2k Accum Timer 0k Counter 1k Data Reg 12k Link reg 2k Device total 28.75k Bit Devices 44k If i try to assign memory memory to the Accum Timer I get an error devices to high In the system variables dialogue my word range is 6144 to 12287 System Timers (standard) T64 to 2047 Accumlt is blank System Counters is 512 to 1023 Bit Range is M4000 7000 system labels 2048 to 4095 The type of timer i am using is TIMER_M is this correct??? And what parameters do i need to change to get the prog to allow me to use a retentive timer? Do i need to reduce the number of availible system timers e.g T64 to 2040? Assign Accumult timer range 2041 to 2047? And adjust the device settings to allocate memory for retentive timers? And when writing the program using the TIMER_M function how do i make the program know it has to pick a retentive timer? Sorry for the long post, but this was has me stumped Cheers again If theres anything else you need to know to help me ask an post it!

CRACKED IT!, CRACKED IT Nice One! Altered the word range, wasnt using all of it and allocated some memory to the accumt timer and away it went, NAE BOTHER! Had a feeling i wasnt far away and your post just confirmed my fears cheers Nav! Im never usually far away, sometimes i just need a wee push in the right direction :-p Once again cheers Nav, I owe you a pint, cos it was doin my head in! Till the next time!

Only just out of time.... I was going to post this attachment, probably no use to you now but may be to others.... rt_timers.pdf