Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RiverAmy

1336 plus 2 drive

3 posts in this topic

I have conflicting mapping data for the 1336 plus 2 drive 240A 460V. I have 6 bytes in and 4 bytes out, but when i called allen bradley, he told me that the pad words are nothing. that part is ok, what's conflicting i read in the manual that the first word is a pad and he said the second word is a pad...Is there any place that i can find the correct mapping for the device? I clicked on the help in RSNetWorx's but it didn't have any information at this time. what i'm trying to do is set up a user defined data type and i don't know which words are good and which words are pads. Thanks for your help

Can you give us more info, like PLC type, Drive Comm module part #. Are you using ControlNet? How many datalinks are you using? The first two input bytes are pad or overhead. Just skip them. Leaving you with 4 input bytes and 4 output bytes. typically (if configured in drive interface), the first input word (2 bytes) is status the second input word (2bytes) is speed feedback the first output word (2bytes) is commands the second output word (2bytes) is speed reference

In fact there are two 16-bit pad words on the Input connection of a Generic Module on ControlNet. I think the contain the some connection status data, but I have always simply ignored them. A 6-byte (3 word) Input and 4-byte (2-word) I/O connection to a 1203-CN1 will not work. For the simplest Coimmand/Reference and Status/Feedback connections to a 1336F drive with a 1203-CN1, the I/O connection should be 4 Words Input / 2 Words Output. Ignore the first two words. Fortunately you don't need to know that, or use a UDT, for an A-B drive on ControlNet or EtherNet/IP with ControlLogix. The drives have been available as I/O devices with automatically-created Controller-scope tags with descriptive tag member names since at least v13. To see the old way it was done, see Knowbase document G18310. For the new way, just select a drive as an I/O device on ControlNet or EtherNet/IP. And wait until you see the drive configuration data automatic integration in v16 !