Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Zygmunt

Visio Flow Charts to Function Blocks

8 posts in this topic

Presently I am using Visio x.vsd file to create x.txt file which I can copy and paste into FB - Structured Text. In LL the FB has an input channel for transitions and an output channel for actual states. LL defines all transitions and real outputs and interconnections between Fbs - what can be done building another flow chart -> FB. This approach should works for any PLC with FB!

You might consider reading this article before stating that it will work in all PLCs. Basically, it says because different PLCs execute differently, it's not possible to make such transformations that are compatible with all PLCs.

The easy way to program OMRON PLC using Function Blocks. From Visio *.vsd to *.txt file. Then copy and paste into Function Block ST type body. Any corrections to a Visio flow chart - one click and *.txt is corrected too. From the documentation to the LL. It works!

Can you be more specific, maybe step-by-step manual, or example? how can i save vsd as txt file this can be very usefull regards Edited by tashinz

I have a C# program which converts vsd to txt file. It is based on Visio SDK. You can make a change in your Visio flow chart and save it. Use my utility which will update your txt file. Copy and paste into FB - done. I am using LL to define transitions and outputs based on states.

I have an utility in C# which converts Visio vsd to txt. This txt file can be copy paste into Omron Function Block ST. It works very good. You can debug only your flow chart. One click and your FB ST is updated too.

Is it possible to post this utility for testing? thanx

During this weekend I will try to post it. It is posted as a Demo.zip in OMRON - Demo Software ... let me know what you think about it! Edited by Zygmunt