Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Colin Carpenter

Volts to Amps?

7 posts in this topic

I have an A1S68DAV, which gives me 8 channels of 0-10 volt ouputs. Anyone know of a cheap and simple way to convert a couple of those voltage outputs into 4-20 mAmp outputs? Just wondering......

What is the cost difference between buying 8x 0..10 -> 4..20mA converters and 1x A1S68DAI?

Are you looking for a readymade unit to convert volts to amps or are you planning to make the circuit/unit yourself?

dont know how cheap you want but i like to use Brodersen process signal convertors have a look at RS part number 324-0740 its £86 you may be able to make something yourself i dont know how but by the time youve finished messing about with prototypes its costs more money than buying a ready made item which has been tested and should give years of trouble free service.

Thanks, All. An A1S68DAI is about £650 list price, and I would need to convert all of them. Based on around £85 per channel, then there's not a lot of price difference, so the A1S68DAI is the obvious solution. I just wondered if anyone knew of an 8 channel version for around a couple of hundred pounds or so, but it seems like they don't exist. Thanks again.

You can use Telemecanique or Phonenix contact's device. Good, price is ok