Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
controltestguy

140 NOE 771_01

2 posts in this topic

I have a 140 NOE 771_01 ethernet module in a test rack. The following LED's are illuminated: Active, Ready, Run, Fault, 10 MB, Kernal, Appl. The CAT5 ethernet cable is NOT connected to anything. The optical cable is NOT connected to anything. According to the manual, if the Ready LED is on and the Kernal LED is on, it requires a new NOE exec download. This is the first time we have tried to test this module. We do not have the exec software and have not been able to locate it. Does anyone have, or know where to get it? Modicon has been no help at all since the module is a 'mature' item. Also, if we do get the software, what's the next step. Is it just a matter of connecting the CAT5 cable to our LAN or can we just connect the unit to a laptop running windows XP. The unit should configure it's own IP address, is that correct? Any help testing this unit would really be appreciated. thanks, CTG

No the unit will not configure it's own address. You must define the address in the PLC program. As for the kernel, did you check www.us.telemecanique.com or www.telemecanique.com in their Support section for the Quantum PLCs? All of the executive software for the NOE modules is a free download. It's been a couple years since I've upgraded a kernel on an NOE, but I know the executable did come with instructions.