Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
keesoon100

AEG plc

6 posts in this topic

HI: I fund in a old machine a AEG plc model PC-A984-130 M/N 042700327 C/NIXRS232 4.0 KRAM on one side of the plc say Modicon , is this is the software I need for programin and monitor this plc? do I need a inter face ? there is an optional software I can buy?

What you have is a Modicon 984 PLC. You need software from Modicon. Either their old DOS software called MODSOFT or their Windows based software ProWORX/32. You can also get a good programming package for a fair price from Fastrak Softworks, theirs is called PLC Workshop for Modicon. Theirs is far cheaper than Modicon's software packages.
1 person likes this

Hi, I have inherited one of these PLCs that has been in operation for some time, but now i need to do a modification. i have the program & the software, but i'm having dificulty working out the adressing of the inputs/outputs. inputs appear to start with 10001 to 10016 on the first mudule, but how do they cary over to the next? do they just carry on to 10017, or do they go to 20001? Likwise with the out put addressing. does anyone have experience with programming these? thanks in advance rob.

Inputs start at 10001 and are continuous. Outputs start at 00001 and are continuous. Look for manuals on the Modicon Compact 984 for more details.

The inputs are designated by the 1 (=I for input) and outputs begin with a 0 (o=O for output) They are continous, but the original programmer isn't forced to make them consceutive, so the second input card may begin with 10017, and probably should, but it may not. It will definately begin with a muliple of 16 though. The programmer has the flexibility to put the addresses most anywhere. You will need to view the "traffic cop" or the I/O map located within the PLC. This will show you the I/O layout. Modsoft is your best bet for programming this unit. Althought it's no longer sold you should be able to locate a copy. Additionally there is Taylor Proworx, Proworx NXT and the latest Proworx 32. Proworx32 is is for sale but is overkill for this unit. Let me know if you need more help.