Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
donles

Can I rename a 90-70 program?

12 posts in this topic

I'd like to rename a 90-70 program residing in a PLC. I have created a new folder with a new name and saved the program from the plc. That only gives me a mismatched folder and program which is not allowed. I've read the GE manual and searched here but have not found an answer. Thanks.

Yes you can. What software are you using, Logicmaster or Proficy?

Launch Logicmaster. Go into the programming package (F1). Select your folder. Go to Folder Functions (F8). The F6 key is labeled as "Rename Program Folder". Alternative if you want to keep the original name and copy under a new name: Create a new folder with the new name. From the Folder Functions (F8) menu, the F10 key is labeled "Copy Contents of Program Folder to Current Program Folder". The procedure lets you select the source folder to copy into the currently selected folder.

I've done that but although the folder name changes, the program name within does not change. Logicmaster will not allow me to upload the mismatched folder/program to the plc. Hence, my problem.

Stop your PLC and download program to the PLC.

I wish it was that simple. In addition to the previously mentioned warning about mismatched folder/program names, I'm also seeing "S38 Insufficient privelege for selected operation." Password screen does not imply that password protection is enabled. Level 4 is selected with an "x". Folder is not locked. Password protection is enabled on the CPU configuration screen. I receive the same insufficient priveleges message upon attempting to disable pw protection. I've spoken to GE Automation support this A.M. and sent the program files for review. I'll report back. Thanks.

There may be an OEM password applied. If so, it won't matter that you're at access level 4. Can you upload from the PLC to Logicmaster (using the correct program name) and view the logic? Can you create a program folder named "Temp" and upload from the PLC to that?

Turn the key switch to 'off'.

While connected to the PLC, go to the Logicmaster screen where you see the "x" at access level 4. From there press F9 (oem). There is a field labeled "OEM Protection State". If it reads "Locked", there is an OEM password applied. Some 90-70 CPUs also have a memory protect keyswitch located on the top of the module. If the key is removed, it's not obvious that the feature exists.

I'm embarrassed to say that it was the keyswitch. I didn't see it. I even looked for one on the front of the cpu earlier. Everything OK now. Thanks guys.