Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest anonymous

CX-Designer improvement requests

106 posts in this topic

I was incorrect - it is possible to copy and paste blocks of alarms etc in and out of Excel. I did not try hard enough. Works good now.
1 person likes this

Is this thread still be actively monitored by Omron development? If not & no reply, then I will replicate this in another thread... Password authentication is still an issue. if a user is logged as in Level 1, and an object as Level 2 security, then a message is displayed about authentication. It would make much more sense, to prompt for higher level authentication. Adding to this, another improvement would be to be able to have a 'cancel authentication' on a Multi-function object, and enable a new authentication level to be set. Another function (& I am not sure if this can/cannot be done, but testing says it can't) would be able to set the authentication level automatically, via a macro or PLC bit? And another thing I have just discovered, if a button is 'invisible' by means of its control flag, it can still be triggered! I know it is easy to just tick the box above to enable/disable the function, but surely, if it is not there it does not work? Edited by lostcontrol

I don't know if this is already posted before, but in cx-programmer the communication settings are saved in the plc program. But with cx-designer you have to change them manually every time. the way in cx-programmer i like best.

Good day to all..i am new in the forum..just want to ask where i can download a software for omron nt model hmi..we have 10 machines that was using this PT. Thanks in advance

18 hours ago, rey lepiten said:

Good day to all..i am new in the forum..just want to ask where i can download a software for omron nt model hmi..we have 10 machines that was using this PT. Thanks in advance

Rey, please make your own topics instead of posting onto a thread which is for completely different software and devices which hasn't had an update in 7 years.

You need NTST, and you should be able to get it from Omron if you contact them.  And it's also in the Downloads section here.  Have a look.

It is also available on your CX-One Disk (if you have CX-One).  It can be found here:

NTST.jpg.72fe430b04dda3a9863df1a2954b278