Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest anonymous

CX-Designer improvement requests

106 posts in this topic

I have just converted one ns5 color into ns5 monochromatic, using only this Tools -> Convert -> Model menu command. I didn't have to change anything manualy all gray shades are visible.

dependson the colours you use... (red on a black background is bad for instance)

that's true, but that is why I allways use high contrast between background and the objects. just like with powerpoint presentations.

when choosing a point name instead of actual plc address, address setting dialogue appears with list of points. this window can not be resized at all and it is very hard to read point's comment which is very important. i loose my nerves this way and stick to plc address asignment. also when resized, window should remember its position. also, when there is already an option to use symbols instead of plc address, they should allow to see object reference to a symbol not just address. this should be done for address toolbar as well as for the object's property window. Edited by tashinz

... NS5 Monochrome does not support bitmaps / jpegs - however CX-Designers inserts them without no problems, and also displays them in the test mode etc - no warnings! (this cost me several hours changing the default bitmap lamps back to normal type!) New multifunction object is great - although the display/hide on indirect address does not work ?? (NS5 Monochrome) - doesn't work in test mode either ... Test mode connect to PLC not available via USB !? why not ? Download connect to NS via PLC not availabe via USB - why not ? Nibroc Edited by Nibroc

Hey, don't know why didn't i test, but when i paste the point name to the address toolbar - where the actual plc address is located - it is recognized. cool. also: no option for rotate object (nor functional nor fixed) by a custom angle. just 90°. they should put it. Edited by tashinz

It would be nice if we could have dynamic sizes and dynamic positions items.

On NS5 it would be great to have the possibility to choose for a numeric password only, so you don't have to switch left-right all the time, and you'd see how many **** you have entered. in the same area: it would be great to have the possibility to see what you are typing when you are using recipes (you cannot change anything about that keyboard such as add the temp input field)

... NS-D Version 2.1. Using System Version 6.6, Passwords with 'Level' Option. -- If a user is logged on with level 1 password and presses a higher level (say password level 2) object, the system does not permit operation. Good. However, it would be much better if a password entry box popped up enabling entry of a higher level password! - Currently, I have told staff they have to return to the main page, log out, and then return to enter the password. (they are complaining about this). I have an NS5 Monochrome running System Version 7, using the multifunction objects. The documentation suggests that if you insert a 'password entry' object at the beginning of the list, subsequent operations will not occur without the correct password/level. However, I have found that if you enter the incorrect password, or cancel password entry the NS simply processes the remaining items in the list!! A Macro function to check/set the current password level would be handy. Anyone else experienced these problems ? Nibroc Edited by Nibroc

the new cx-designer 2.1 that comes with cx-one 3.0 should offer better font support for numeral and string display/input objects. still, it is awful. other than standard, fine and rough fonts there is 7-segment numeral - cannot display units e.g. Kg, Scalable gothic - don't know why it is scalable, it can display units but it is so, so ugly, and there is Gothic Numeral - not so bad looking but cannot display units. in one word - bad. why it is problem to implement windows fonts like it is possible for all other labels?

I agree, in CX-one V3 not much has changed for the better. I have been implementing my own password protection (from the PLC) so I can use numeric passwords and I don't have to use the complete keyboard to enter 1927 for instance. I can use levels, I can change the passwords, have multiple passwords for the same level and I have a generated (scrolling) code to let people login once at top level. We also wrote our own datablock handling but we are still lacking all commands to automatically refresh from PT memory. With the standard datablocks, you have to read the parameters first and then write them to the PLC. If someone forgets to read in first you can write an empty recipe to the PLC so timers can become 0 and none of the limits in the screen is being taken into account. We solved this so you can't write an empty recipe away. We also have problems with multilanguage.... I'll have to solve it in the PLC too when you change the language label to two, next time it starts up it always comes back to the initial label. Even when you pass the system word to an HR in the PLC (gets overwritten at startup of the NS) quite unhappy with the evolution of CX-Designer. Beegee

you should use $HW zone in NS (it is retained after power off). on every change of the label number ($SW10) pass the value to the e.g. $HW10. then on startup put the when loading project macro in which you should set the $SW10 with $HW10. didn't test but it should work. Edited by tashinz

That's with macros and about the same as what I plan to do with the H area in the PLC. But still, it is working around the problem. You should have the possibility to retain certain values of system variables (startup screenno/language) beegee

agree. also maybe to set the default value of the system points.

Seems to have been solved in V2.1 but I'll have to check it out: In the system settings/initial you have the possibility to disable the "Initialize System Memory at startup" I'll have to check it out Beegee

1. DATALOGGING It does not take long for the maximum no of points always logged to add up to the maximum capacity of the NS-screen. When looking at my application, it only tells me that I have used 4% of the resource available. Can this value be taken into consideration for the amount of always logging points? If only 4% of the resource is used, then the application is pretty un-used really. 2. PASSWORDS I agree with Nibroc on this one. This seems to be a bit of an oversight, a macro function to reset the password, or read/write the status via a macro would be very useful.

I mistakenlyposted this request in "Auto Update discussion" I would like to see the ability to update/recover NS version via USB cable or Ethernet cable instead of Omron CF card. Am currently having issues with SanDisk CF card, (or possibly NS hardware, but most likely the card)

would i be right in saying that there is no way of manually logging out from a set Level password? it would be really usefull if we could have something like how Beijers/Mitsubishi have a Touch key which you can set to do anything you like, log in/log out just being 2 of the functions, but maybe also have an indirect option as well. If there is something like that then can someone point me to it on the latest version of CX-Designer.

How about being able to assign alarm groups indirectly like we can with Unit scales?

HGow about being able to turn labels sideways (90 begrees)? You can alledgedly do it now and the label turns but not the text. Have to fiddle about with text down in the box rather than across and turn Pain in the 'A'.

1. Symbol Names in Macros. 2. Ability to adjust the origin of an object (i want to build my own gauges and bargraphs) 3. Easier way of manipulating position of objects in runtime 4. add the auto scaled number labels based on min/max or indirect on built in graphs and gauges. 5. better programming guide for macros. 6. ability to read text or csv files during runtime to dump into strings etc... 7. snmp diagnostics? more to come... thanks!

This is more of a hardware want than a Designer want but it seemed like the right place to put it. How about Power-Over-Ethernet capabilities for the NS series. Then you would only have to run the Cat5 to the HMI.

I would like to see full support for Excel as we have in CX-Programmer. Just copy and paste tags as per CX-Programmer.

What about adding Real Numbers to the offline Test mode?

They need to put the full excel funtionally that they had with NS-designer when using edit properties back in as its a royal pain not having it.