Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest anonymous

CX-Designer improvement requests

106 posts in this topic

$SW +18 can be used to determine if any alams are active. I use this a lot of different screens as an indicator that alarms are active. Although, it can't distinguish between alarm groups. As for the alarm view issue, I believe that if an alarm occurs then it shouldn't be allowed to disappear without some user input such as an acknowledge or reset button on the NS. I always latch alarm bits on in the PLC. That way the alarm can't go away until the operator tells it to. Edited by ECSI

we are replacing ESA on our existing machines (they have such functionality without changing PLC soft) And yes, I know it can be done in the PLC (we used to do it with NT21) but it would be nice to have this in the NS...

With the password levels: right now, if you are logged in as level 2 for instance and you click on a button protected with level 4 you get the message you are not allowed to do that. I would like the NS to ask me the Level 4 password instead. Now you have to log off from Level 2 and log on level 4 first....

Hello all NS Users! I have been invited by Omron headquarters to a gathering this month with a representative of the Japanese team which developes NS terminals and CX-Designer to talk about what European users would like to see improved in CX-Designer and what they find important. As we have already gathered a lot of good suggestions mentioned in this topic, I have put together a list and will take it with me to hand over. Of course you can still add your wishes in this topic and I will add them to the list. If I have missed some suggestions mentioned already let me know and I will add them as well! I will keep you posted... CX_Designer_improvements_June_1_2007.doc

great job

Pim, how about an autosave feature as I have suggested for CX-P? Should be in all software these days.

Will add to the list at the next update.

have seen the list, great job PdL! nothing to add. Just regarding this compatibility with excel, in one word that is, return it as it was in NS-Designer (there you could copy paste anything from Change Settings at Once dialog to Excel and vice versa - labels (captions), address, everything). And of course, retain this auto addressing in Edit Properties dialogue of CX-D, although it is much more powerfull when you do it in Excel and paste it back to CX-D. Regards to all

Be able to set the same numeral display type in multiple fields of a data block instead of having to do each one separately. When a field is added, the storage type of the preceding field is considered, e.g if a field is a 2 word storage type with the address DM100, then a new field added to the right will automatically be assigned DM102 Edited by briselec

Alarm messages include embedded point names , which is replaced at runtime with the value of the point: Example Boiler temp high: ((BoilerTemp)) shows the point value in the alarm message.

PdL, add to the Object section, at point 3, pop-up window doesn't have border when you select no title bar. then it looks bad. so, they should put window border as option, title bar as option etc. regards

I draw a box the same size as the popup to accomodate this, gives you the flexibilty of changing the style/frame/colour etc. But, whatever makes these things easier/quicker, I am all for it. One thing that have noticed, and I don't know if it has been corrected already, is being able to have an underline function as well as the bold/italic function for text displays. I think Bob suggested to follow the windows format, may be covered in that?

Hi guys, I will have the Omron party over this friday, so keep those requests coming!! All suggestions and requests regarding NS terminals are welcome. Here's the updated list, with the following additions/modifications: GENERAL 6. An option to enable/disable auto-save function perhaps with adjustable save time interval (BobB) ALARM/EVENT SYSTEM 5. The ability to embed variables in alarm messages which substitute the variable value in runtime (Andrey Zhuk) 6. "Add info" function in Alarm/Event dialog to accommodate mode than 3 variables, possibly even configurable variables for each alarm. This would give some good process alarm analysis. (PdL) OBJECTS 3. Popup screen title bar customizable (with/without close button, with/without window bar etc) E.g. when selecting no title bar, the window doesn't have a border in runtime which makes it difficult to distinguish it from the parent screen. (tashinz) 8. At a label text attributes Font Style settings, include Underline next to Italic and Bold. (scottmurphy) CX_Designer_improvements_June_12_2007.doc

PdL, have a drink tomorrow for all of us. but keep your focus on the matter. good luck

Hi guys, Last friday the manager of NS series software Japan visited our company, and I have handed him over "The List" and we talked through all items. Some items were al ready giving him some headaches , but overall he was very pleased to reveice such detailed feedback and I think although not all requests can be fulfilled, I am positive we are going to see part of these requests realised in the future. After the meeting I was given a sneak preview on the next major update of CX-D which will be included in an update of CX-One in the near future.... it was eyes only and I promised to behave, so all I can say is there are some very neat features included that I know a lot of you will use... And regarding the following request form Mark I learned something new: There actually is a screen capture function available in the system memory... Beware it is only supported by NS8, NS10 or NS12. Of course I tested this first and here's a live captured image. I included the red button in my page template sheet and used the button macro command Touch ON timing to set system bit n+25, ad the the touch OFF timing to reset system bit n+25. The output file is 601Kb, so you could store well over 3000 captures on a 2GB card. Here's a guide how to: How_to_use_live_screen_capture_with_NS8_10_12.pdf I think I will keep track of all new requests again, and see if I can forward them to Omron once every while.

Pdl, Another thing I was trying to do today was to display text vertically, ie rotated 90deg. Could this be passed on, unless of course there is a way to acheive it already?

No, unless you use bitmaps with text already rotated this it not possible. You can rotate text labels but the text origin stays the same. I'll put it on the list.

some days before, when the V5 of NS-Designer was about to be released, I read somewhere in the omron secret papers that this functionality will be implemented in next V5 version. it never came though. or this was a dream. that is how my dreams look like, btw.

Tashinz, you really need to get out more often ... when's your next job in Amsterdam ?

Just another for the list, how about, when setting the screen saver to switch off etc, you can set it to default to a defined page? Unless there is a smarter way, possibly by doing a macro? I use the alarm screen switch a the moment, with a running timer in the PLC. I will play later on, look for other options....

Hi PdL, nothing in a near future. altough I was close coming to amsterdam at the end of august to regular Omron IDS meeting, but someone else is going instead of me. me, have a lot of commisionings here. too bad for beers though. there will be another chance, I am sure. Or for you to come to Serbia. so much to see here, I assure you. regards Edited by tashinz

Exporting/importing just the symbol table. (If not already possible, obviously! I just can't find it.) A customer wants to change from one HMI to an Omron one, but it has loads of tags. It would be easier to change the formatting in a csv type file than to type in a couple of hundred symbols. Again. (I did the original HMI as well.) Even then I exported the symbols from CX-Prog and changed the csv file.

just use CTRL-C CTRL-V (it works between CX-Programmer and CX-Designer all the time)

D'oh! Works a charm. Need one of these with the arrow pointing left!

I'd like to have a mapping tool to map the colurs to gray values when converting from a colour screen to a grayscale screen (NS5-MQ). Now you have to open all the objects to change the colours