Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest ampere

Plc5 6200

5 posts in this topic

Hi everyone, I try to learn some programming use AB PLC5 controller, I ran 6200 Dos version software on my laptop under windows base Dos,and used 1784-PCMK/B With cable/5 connected to Classic 1785 LT2 processor,all the online configuration was setup right but still can not made communication with processor,I used the PCMK/B card with cable/4 ran Rslogix500 on same laptop have no problem, is anybody can tell me what i need to do or need to install PCMCIA scokets driver for DOS version software, Thanks

Probably you're trying to use the 6200 built-in drivers for the PCMK while you're still running Windows.   DOS drivers can't use Windows socket services, so to use your existing setup you would need to boot directly to DOS and have Cardware services and the PCMK-specific DOS enabler (PCMKINIT, included with the PCMK card) installed and configured. The last version of 6200-PLC5 software, version 5.32.03, released three or four years ago, supports using RSLinx as your communication driver.  That way you could stay in Windows and run 6200-PLC5 as a DOS shell.  All you would have to do to switch between PLC-5 and SLC-500 programming is to change the PCMK driver from DH+ to DH485. Which version of 6200-PLC5 are you running ?   What brand and model of laptop computer ?

Hi Ken Thank you for your information, my 6200 version is 5.01.03  , I got the software from Ebay, and can not get software upgrade from AB.com, because I don't have user name and password, my laptop is IBM 760ELD,I guess my version do not supports RSlinx, the RSlinx already installed on the same laptop for RSlogix500,and got communication with SLC 5/03 CPU With no problem, when run 6200 program and click "online program" the following massage appear " [2J [18;1HERROR ATTEMPTING TO CHANGE COMMUNICATION STATE"  I would install the card services and PCMKINIT and see what happen , talk you later, thanks again.

That error code is a classic when you have a memory conflict or driver problem with the 1784-PCMK.    As you don't have Cardware, and your version of 6200 software doesn't support RSLinx as a way to use Windows socket services,  you'll need to actually boot into DOS when you want to program your PLC-5's, and use CARDWARE's pc-card services software. You can use either the PCMKINIT specific enable, or Cardware's general-purpose enabler.  You'll probably have to try both, and to become familiar with the memory structure of your computer.

Hi Ken, Thanks again, I Just downloaded the evaluation version of CardWare 6.0, is MS DOS or Windows 3.1 version, I would set up the 6.0 full version DOS and CardWare in my laptop useing the other hard Drive, I hope everthings can setup right and get communication with processor, anyway, thanks for help.