Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BobLfoot

MrPLC Search Help

4 posts in this topic

I know that I times I am stupid but this seems simple and I just can't get it right. This post about the AB RPI on Controllogix was interesting. But when I went to the search engine and did a search for RPI I could not find it. I also did a search for NUT but found nothing. I know I've seen discussions of NUT before. Is the problem me, the search engine or a combination of both. I've included my search for a starting point.

The search engine doesn't do a very good job with anything less than 3 letters. Matter of fact I think there is a 2 letter minimum. Acronyms are a problem. This is what I do for under 3 character search strings. RPI* Put the "*" after or before your search string, this will match most entries. The "*" helps if you need to pluck out a word in the middle of a search: *mrplc* would find www.mrplc.com mrplc would not find www.mrplc.com because it appears as on big character string. Hope it helps. the "*" (wild card) works on most search engines.

Leave it to the expert to be right. RPI* brought up 4 good posts on RPI. Amazing what 1 additional character does.

It also appears that this search engine is case-sensitive. Typing in "RPI*" returned the four posts BobLfoot mentioned, but typing "rpi*" returned no results. Rick