Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dramesh_babu

1747-UIC Communication Problem

4 posts in this topic

Hi, I tried to Communicate SLC 5/03(DH485) with HCL Laptop through 1747-UIC.But as soon as when I configure 1747 PIC,it shows "Swapin Fail,Try again by restarting RSLinx".When I restarted RSLinx,another error occured(pls refer attached Image).This laptop doesn't have any RS2332 Port.I have to rely only on USB ports.Can anyone help me to comeout of this problem? I have tried reinstalling RSLinx also.

It appears that you have not installed the necessary driver that will let you choose the 1747-UIC from the RSLinx drivers list. See this technote for a more detailed description of the errors you provided. See this technote to download the 1747-UIC drivers. Rick

You do not use the "1747-PIC/AIC+" driver in RSLinx to configure the 1747-UIC. Instead, you use the "RS-232 DF1 Devices" driver. The 1747-UIC will appear as a COM port on your computer when you install the drivers that rgurin linked to. I think there is a small instruction pamphlet that comes in the box with the 1747-UIC that describes the proper settings for the RSLinx driver. Here's a direct link to the installation instructions document, which also includes the RSLinx DF1 RS-232 driver settings on page 11: 1747-IN063C For quick reference, the driver settings are Device Type 1770-KF3/1747-KE Station Number 00 19200 baud, No Parity, 1 Stop bit CRC error checking Full Duplex Protocol

Don't forget to check/change your USB COM port settings to 19200 in Device Manager too.