Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Melp

Cannot Add a 1747-PIC driver

6 posts in this topic

I've been using RSLinx for a while on a older PC and now moved it to a new one with Windows XP. I've downloaded the latest version (2.5) and I'm trying to add a driver which is a AB 1747-PIC driver. When I click on "Add New" it does nothing at all. I've tried other types of drivers and the configuration window appears. Is there something I should be doing ?? Thanks ! Melanie

I think maybe your install did not take. Try to uninstall and reinstall. Also make sure you are installing RSLINX Classic. When you select 1747-PIC / AIC + Driver a window should prompt you for a name for the driver. When you select enter it should add it to RSWHO. SOmetimes I have to reboot after enabling to get it to work. Also beware of other services that are running that may interfere.

Have you tried this technote? Rick

rgurin has hit this one on the nose. Also you must use a real serial port with the PIC. A USB to serial adapter will not work

Rick - It worked. I had put it as run under win 95 for the old RSLinx 2.43 since it was working on the older computer running under win95 and didn't change it back when I upgraded to 2.50. Also, I kept my laptop plugged instead of it running on batteries. Now everything's up and running. Thanks for your help !

Keeping the laptop plugged in -vs- running on batteries isn’t going to keep the windows power management from shutting down the port. Go to your hardware profile and look under ports. For each port select properties, advanced, and unselect the box that says allow windows power manager to shut down port. (Or something like that, I don’t remember exactly what is says.) There is a technote somewhere in AB’s knowledgebase about this, but you'll have to search it yourself.