Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ivan Vincent

MP 370

4 posts in this topic

hi all, i need a urgent favor from u all. what is the limitation addressing for MP 370 by using S5? i have two type of addressing to use, 1) P linear 2) Q linear P Linear have addressing conflict for S5 but i have to use it and Q Linear might not be compatible with the S5. Please suggest that which is better to be use?or is there any other method to be slove? thanks in advanced to u all. best regards, sun367

Hi Ivan Vincent. What is "P linear" and "Q linear" ??? Do you mean P for periphery, and Q for outputs, or .... ? Give some examples.

Hi there... I believe P and q are some sort of adressing range.... but i am not so sure ... this settings have to be set on the COM Profibus setting for IM308-c. Ok the best thing i give you the whole scenario... S5 CPU115-U communicating to a MP370 through an IM308-C. what i have tried: there is an option tiny (32 inputs and 22 outputs), small (42 inputs and 22 outputs), medium (64 inputs and 32 outputs) and finally big (122 inputs and 64 outputs). i chose middle and followed all the settings for middle from the PLC S5 program to the Protool Program. but i still have some error. Please advice... thanks a million, Ivan

Have you used the standard Fb supplied by Siemens to control the MP when connected via DP? I think it is FB58 and it requires a DB as well? Hope it helps