Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ivan Vincent

sinumerik

8 posts in this topic

hi all, i need a urgent favor from u all. im trying to link from a 9pin com port (notebook) to a 25pin com port PLC (CPU). between this two pc i have to use S5 cable which is 15pin to link both. i cant use a straight connection from 9pin to 25pin. i need to use in the form of 9pin --> 15pin --> 25pin. therefore, kindly asking u all to help me out. is there any method that can solve this problem easily? or can any one help me by giving the cable pin put for this connection that im doing? thanks in advanced to u all. best regards, sun367

First you only need to post this topic once. You posted it here, PLC Direct, and Other PLCs. At first I moved it to Other PLCs but then I faintly remember this being a Siemens CNC. Is that correct? Use the following for a SWAG 9 Pin - 25 Pin 2 - 2 3 - 3 5 - 7 This is basic no handshaking. You may have to jumper pins 7 and 8 on the 9 pin side and pins 4 and 5 on the 25 pin side. But before you do all of the jumpers the baud rate, data bits, parity, and stop bits are what you really need to figure out. SWAG 4800 7 Even 2 First will you tell me if this is a CNC controller or am I mistaken? PLCs and CNCs are two different things but someone here may know about it.

thank you so much to u TWControls for the reply. sorry if i have posted it so many time in different areas. well, its a CNC controller. so, can u help me more in details for cable pin out or is the above as u mention is sufficient? thanks again. regrads, ivan

The above is my best guess. I don't work with CNCs anymore so I'm quite rusty

It's ok. Thanks a lot for the information that you have given. If you get any new info please let me know k. Regards, Ivan.

is anyone else familiar with Sinumerik CNC PLC's??? Indeed of a great favour because i need the pin outs diagram for a 9 pin to 25 pin connection. Another question is, is there another software that can be used to communicate with a Sinumerik??? Please help!!! Regards, Ivan.

I think you are going to be better off to call Siemens on this one

Hi Vincent, I have met some problem with SINUMERIK 840D/DI. What types of problem are you facing with now? I have some docs for 840D/DI and PCIM software to handle the NC. If you need those tools I can send them for free.