Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mikey431

SLC processor and MVI46-MCM prosft module

5 posts in this topic

I experienced a strange major fault in my SLC 5/05 processor. The reasons ,I think, are the MVI46-MCM Prosoft module I have in the rack. We have 2 of these module on rack 6,7 . While I was online with the processor (using Enthernet port), i got kick off to offline mode for no reason. I tried to go online again and put the processor in "Run Mode", I have a major error fault .Error codes are "659h" and"759h" and the message is "Specialty I/O module in slot 7 has not responded to a command as being completed within the required time limit." It is a major fault and I have to manually clear the error in the Processor status .Same thing happens after I download the program and tried to go online and put system in "RUn mode". My key switch is always in REM position. It does not happen if after I download the program , I dont go online and manually turn the key switch in Run position.Anybody that has experienced before ?

Need more input? You say it is in Rack 5 and 6. Do you mean slot? If you mean rack, what protocol are the racks? I have used many prosoft cards and the only time I get an error is if I don't set up the hardware configuration correctly. Other than that, it doesn't work if I have programming errors but that never faults the plc.

I noticed that also. I have two of those cards into a rack in slot 5 and 6 and I have the same processor. I noticed it only happens to me when I go and try to put it and run mode. I clear the major fault and try it again sometimes it may take two or three times to get it to go. The other thing that I noticed is that my online communications with my laptop really slows down with the setup that I have. Having that many copies is really tying up my scan rates. I am hooked up with 100mps and man is it slow. I would hate to be using another type of processor with a different network. Hope to see if someone can answer your topic!

You can write a fault routing to trap there fatal error prior to it faulting the processor, thereby eliminating the processor going down. However, you probably want to include code in your fault routine to log the error and provide any module reset or error clear funtions regarding the MVI module. Your SLC manual has instructions for writing a fault routine. Good Luck, Ed McClure