Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
soundwave

SCU Communications Card

6 posts in this topic

Hello All, I am currently utilising both serial ports of a SCU41-VI for two separate 2 wire , 485 , Modbus networks. Q1. I noted that Sleepy and BobB both recommend the Adam 4520, consequently I have one in stock. I wanted to know what cable was used between the SCU RS232 port and the ADAM 4520. Straight through with a gender changer? Q2. As stated I have two independent modbus networks with 8 modbus nodes on each network. Am i right in believeing that two networks will yield a faster response compared to one network with 16 nodes? The real question is probably that the RS485 Port can execute a read request concurrently with the RS232 port executing a read request ( too different nodes on different networks). I believe yes because the two PCMR instructions are using a different logical port in the read requests. therefore i could be accessing twice as much information on a 2 x 8 node network when compared to a 1 x 16 node network. thanks in advance

Question 1: ADAM to PLC 2 to 3 3 to 2 9 to 5 7 to 4&6 bridge Question 2: Yep you answered your own question...

Thanks sleepy working fine where did you find this info i looked over the omron manuals but perhaps not deep enough! you may have meant PLC to ADAM too ... May have jumped the gun a bit early in the race. I don't think i have the pin outs correct but I am getting both the send and recieve pulsing which is an improvement. I will check my work in the morning Was this wiring info in the manuals? if so could you direct me to the appropriate one? i was thinking Section 3 of the CJ1W-SCU21/SCU41 Serial Communication Unit Operation Manual W336-E1-06

Working thanks sleepy and just to confirm i think you meant PLC to ADAM Pin Connections of Male to Male - 9 Pin D shell PLC to RS232 / 485 converter 2 to 3 3 to 2 9 to 5 7 to 4&6 bridge

Found a fault in my pin out ... should be Pin 5 on PC side (ADAM) to pin 9 on PLC side.... So PLC to RS232 / 485 converter PLC 2 to 3 ADAM PLC 3 to 2 ADAM PLC 5 to 9 ADAM PLC 4&6 bridge to 7 ADAM