Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Stupidav

Logix to 1771 Rack Problems

4 posts in this topic

I am working on upgrading a PLC5 to a Logix. I have a RIO Scanner in the logix Chassis, and 3 seperate racks with each with a 1771-ASB Scanner. 2 of the racks are full racks and the third is a 1/2. The half keeps giving me an "Invalid Link Address" Error 16#302. I hook up the PLC5 Processor and it has no problems communicating, but with the logix it does. I figure it has to be in the configuration but I am drawing a blank. Attached are both of the programs, so you can compare. Just for your info, the problem child has 4 analog outs, 1 input and a 1771-DB. Any help is greatly appreciated!!!!! ps I didn't wirte the programs I only did the conversion and started to clean up! Blending_System.ACD BLEND.zip

Try this Mod and see if you get any better results. I am green in this area as well. Blending_System_Mod_1.ACD You might also want to try declaring Rack three as a full rack if the slots are there but empty. Edited by BobLfoot

Where precisely does the error code "Invalid Link Address Error 16#302" show up ? Is this in a block transfer instruction, or somewhere in the connection status fields for the adapter, or elsewhere ?

The error showed up in the I/O Tree rack properties window. Thanks anyways Bob, I Tried it but it still wouldn't work even after reseting the DHRIO card. Although I did get it to work, but have no logical explanation as to why or how. I ended up adding another 1/2 rack with the next address, 4 and reset the 1756-DHRIO and then the rack I wanted showed up with out any problems, and as I would expect I got the same error on the 4th non existant rack. I then went back and deleted the nonexistant rack. One stange thing I did come across after that is that the PLC5 was writing to the Analog cards in the #3 rack in BCD format, and yet no matter how I tried I couldn't get the Control Logix to do it, I had to change to Binary in order for the anolog cards to work. whether it is related or not is another story.