Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ICTechs.com

"PROTECTED FROM USER ACCESS"

7 posts in this topic

Here is my issue. We have a sterilizer, that has a SLC 5/04 Cpu. I took out the CPU, Unplugged the battery, shorted VBB to GRD to wipe away the old program. I downloaded the new program on the SLC. no problems.I went online and saw my program (rungs etc.). It has a Panelview linked to it, and we make some parameter changes from the PanelView, and saved them. Now when we "Go Online" I cannot view the rungs. It is a white background with "Program Protected from User Access" . How do I undo this or what are my options. I can ground VBB to GRD again, and download and Go Online no problems, but its when I make parameter changes from the PanelView, Go Online (or Upload) I have issues. Thanks

You stated that you make parameter changes from the Panelview "and saved them". What do you mean by "saved them"... are you performing some kind of EEPROM function ? It sounds like during your download you are inadvertently setting the "allow future access" bit to zero.

I've never actually tried it but is it possible for the Panelview program to access S:1/14 and write to it? If that is true could it be possible that the default value for that tag in the Panelview is to deny access and upon download it would write the default value to the controller? Just a thought. Look for the bit in both programs and see if it use.

Just as TWControls stated, is what my guess is, because I have done it where the Panel View is pasword protected and has a button to lock the PLC that is controlled from the panelview. Since it sounds like you have the program and everthing, you might consider "Hacking" the password to see what it is set as, to possibly assist in finding what would be turning it on.

Problem solved! Thanks TWControls This is what I did. In the "Data File S2" I right clicked, went to "Goto Data Table - S:1/14", changed the S:1/14 form a "1" to a "0" in the "Data File S2 (bin)". saved it. Downloaded the changed file..DONE! Problem solved!

This is from some PMs. The S:1/14 was grayed out in a Radix of Structured. Had to go to a Radix of Binary to change it. Does anyone know if this is the proper way?

According to the SLC 500 Instruction Reference Set HERE, page B13 states the following I have highlighted the part that I thought was interesting. The OTU would keep people from accidentally changing to deny access as it appears happened to your program. I'm curious if anyone actually does this to their programs, I have never heard of it. Also it looks like switching to binary to change the value is the proper way. It is read only in the structured form