Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ivan Vincent

Modicon TSX 17

6 posts in this topic

i will like to know is there anyone can help me out in this problem that im facing. Currently the existing PLC- Modicon TSX 17 is using TSX 17 I'm having only the new PLC-Modicon TSX 37. The problem is can the old user program be read and converted to ladder diagram for re-programming to TSX 37? No operating system available to run the old programming tool. i need some advice that is there any OS that can run this old programming tool or not? or is there anyone to convert this file to a ladder diagram so that i can do the program using TSX 37. thanks.

PL7 Pro won't read TSX17 programs or communicate with TSX17 PLCs. When you install PL7 Pro there are two options for a PL7-2 and PL7-3 converter. You need to install the PL7-2 converter, and it has all the tools to convert a TSX17 program to TSX37. But you need to have a copy of the original program. If you don't have it, you'll need to get the cable and software for the TSX17. Software was DOS-based and cable's been obsolete for years, so good luck with those.

Hi..The TSX17 was programmed with PL7 1 or PL7 2 depending on what processor you have and if it has a language cartridge. Both of these programmes can be used with either Dos or OS2. Anyway, there is a conversion tool in PL7. Can't remember if it is only in Pro or if it's in all versions of PL7 and can't remember if it only does PL7-2 but there is some sort of a conversion tool. You will need to map the old I/O and the memory bits/words to new syntax i.e I0,0 -> %I0.1 , O1,0 -> %Q1.0 etc. Hope this helps. If you want you can send me the programme and I will print it out for you in word or pdf format.

Hi to one and all... I really need someone who can convert the TSX17 program to a ladder program for me urgently... Need some replies from ya'll as i do not have the neccesary software and cables to retrieve the project... Please please please help me ASAP... I can mail ya'll the program if ya'll can help me out.... i am really really serious guys... so please help... you can drop off a PM to me to mail me your email add to me. Please .... Thanks a zillion... Regards, Ivan Vincent

If you have all the files for the old programming software, I have PL7 Pro 4.3 and can covnert it forward. There may be some commands or things that don't work the same once converted, you will need to double check everything. I'd also need to know the old wiring diagram and new one to know what to change the I/O addresses to.