Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
anti-guest

Modbus

10 posts in this topic

I would like to put a tsx3721 to communicate with a pc with modbus The cable that i have is tsxpcu1031, that i found out that it doesnt work with the program i want the plc to communicate, the program is the intellution ifix. i think that the problem is the cable, so, can anyone give me information about the necessary cable, that i think it is tsxpcx1030, or another one. The electrical schematic is what i'm looking for, it can be from any cable, but it has to communicate between iFix and tsx37 with modbus. Is there anyone who can help me??

Never heard of iFix. Are you sure that it's compatible with the TSX? The only programs that I KNOW to be compatible with the TSXs are Concept & RSLogic. I'd contact customercentral@modicon.net. I don't know about your particular model, but the diagram for the Modbus port is as follows: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- PLC  <-------------------------->  PC/AT pinouts [u]RJ45 Connector                       9-pin D-shell (9-pin serial)[/u] DTR   1                                    1 TXD   3<------------------------->2  RXD RXD  4<-------------------------->3  TXD DSR  2<-------------------------->4  DTR                                    |                                    +-----> 6 DSR GND  5<-------------------------->5  GND CTS  7<--+                         +-->7  RTS               |                          | RTS  6<--+                         +-->8  CTS . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .  9  RI cable shield  8  <------------->  case of the connector -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- You can use 4-pair, twisted-pair wiring. Just wire it 'straight through'. Then, go to the local electronics shop and get an RJ45-to-DB9 serial adapter. That adapter will allow you to assign the RJ45 connectors to the DB9 pins of your choosing. For example, I can connect the RJ45 pin 3, to the DB9 pin 2; as shown above. Hope that helps! Edited by Hickman

Thats not exactly what im looking for, but i will try it anyway. FYI Intellution iFix is a SCADA software, similar to the CX-supervisor from Omron. Its very good because it can work with almost all kinds of Plcs brands. Thanks

Still have the problem Explaining myself better, i need to connect the tsx3721 to the pc via modbus, the terminal port of the plc is mini-din 8pin and i want to connect to the serial port of the pc. Has i said, i want, if possible, the electrical scheme of a cable that can do this. Needing help....

To the best of my recollection, the programming cable for the TSX37 will do this for you. Even converts the RS485 to RS232.

Hi The TSX PCU 1031 and 1030 are unitelway wires and not for Modbus communication. You don't take the terminal connect. For Micro you need a PCMCIA CARD TSX SCP111 with TSX SCP SC1030 for 3 meters or TSX SCP CD1100 for 10 meters. Caution you don't take the 1,2 and 3 for communication adresse of the PC, because this adresse are reserve for the PLC . By and good luck....

sorry TSX SCP CD1030 and not TSX SCP SC1030

See : http://www.sapia-inc.com/ I already use this and it works well with a RS485 card in your computer.

Hi, in my thoughts u have to connect your TSX3721 PLC with your PC using Modbus, it is quite diffisult for you to obtain your require result. this type of connection from cable TSXCPUxxxx cable is basically support UNITELWAY not Modbus, Use SCP114 module with PLC for Modbus to PC

Has i said, i want, if possible, the electrical scheme of a cable that can do this. Needing help.... Edited by rajsiyer