Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tvaughn

GOT internal clock

4 posts in this topic

Is there anyway to access the internal clock on a f930 or f940 GOT from a FX2N or A1SH PLC? I'm trying to find a cheap way of having a real time clock. Thanks

The PLC has it's own real time clock, D8013-D8019. Check the programming manual for the particular PLC you're using. The manual for the F940GOT (JY992D94701-E) shows the clock being stored in registers GD0 thru GD6 in the GOT.

Hi tvaughn, I have used the GOT clock before to switch bits to the PLC using time channels, the only problem being the fact that the GOT's RTC goes out (Gains/ looses time). The PLC's RTC is way more stable. Furhtermore you can build in a screen to set the PLC time. Try staying away from the GOT's RTC.... Regards, WayneS

I've been using the got time clock for several projects and haven't noticed any drift. The f930 on my desk was last reset several months ago and disagrees with my 'puter's clock by only half a minute. I like the got 'cos it has eight internal time switches I don't have to code. The screen number to set the time clock is 1013. The number to set the time switches is 1014. Better than letting the customer cruise around the got's setup screens.