Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cauchy

using counter with FX

9 posts in this topic

Hi. Im using FX2-80MR PLC for a control project with GX Developer. But I couldn't use counters. I've looked user manuels and used like it's said. but counter isn't increasing. I ve put an input before a counter coil. Normally this counter must increase every rise edge of this input. Isn't it?

Yes, but ensure, that: - This is not a high-speed counter. - This fragment of the program is executed, it may be within unexecuted subroutine or STL, or bypassed by a jump. - Nothing in the program resets the counter or writes value to the counter when you expect it to count.

Post an example of your code so we can help you.

yes Im not using high speed counter.I ve attached a simple example... thanks for help -------||---------(C01 K5) X1 -------||---------(Y1) C01 Here, Isn't counter counting that X1 input's turn on and off cycle?? But it is not. How can I count that how many X1 input's on-off number has realized?

After a counter saturates (contact switches On) it stops counting until reset, even if the set value is changed.

Make sure the plc is in RUN

The counter count the OFF to ON transitions. And once it reaches it's preset, it stops counting until you reset it with the RST instruction. Otherwise your code looks (and works in a PLC here) just fine. Make sure the PLC code is all been converted and matches (you downloaded the program).

Make sure the plc is in RUN that was great!....