Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ben

Date compare in CS1

9 posts in this topic

Hi, Has anybody used the date compare instructions in CS1? I am trying to check if the system date is between some HH:MM:SS and set some flags. The instruction is not working, and instruction help is not very clear. I'm a bit confused about the mask. it says : "Set 1 for bit 0 to bit5 in C to mask seconds, minutes, hours, days, months, or years when comparing dates." In first word, I'm comparing MM:SS in 4 digit hex format, next word I'm comparing 00:HH. Any ideas?

Use the fuction ANDW. ANDW #00FF A352 D2501 will place the hours into D2501.

Here's the logic that i usually use.... Clock.PDF

Sorry Guys, I think in a hurry I didn'y put up the question properly. I'm getting the MMSS and HH data from the system and from HMI properly (UINT_BCD), or so do I think (sample attached) but the compare function that should give me an output when the time is within H1:M1:S1 and H2:M2:S2 is not working. Questions are, 1. The instruction help says Masks can be created by putting 1 in bits 0 to 5 in mask word!, however in pictorial presention of the instruction, it doesn't show where I can put the mask and what values it can take, hex or BCD? 2.If one bit is for one BCD digit, only 4bits are required, why six? 3.when I put a masking bit, does the instruction compare that digit or ignore it? I have attached the .doc file of the image of my code, obviously mask settings are not what it should be. I'm trying... Date_Compare_Image.doc

I scrapped date compare, used the ZCP instruction instead and its working! Thought how to use date compare remains as an open issue! Thanks for your posting anyway.

I use ANDW as a mask all the time and then a straight compare function and it works. Will post some code from a recent job a little later.

I had a day to look at this, it seems that you are trying to use the date compare the wrong way, i have attached a copy of the maual that might help explain thier use. The first word of the instruction is for what type of data to compare i.e. seconds, minutes..... The second is the current time: a351 and this looks at the next 3 words. The third is your data and the next three words. I have also made an example and i will try and attach that too. It shows a bit turn on if the plc's clock is after 5:00 pm. Whats tricky about this is in the control word the data you want to compare is marked by a "0" rather than a "1"..... i was confused on this in the begning, but i got it working based on just the caption in the doc i attached. so for every dt compare that you use you need to allocate 3dm areas for each one! you had 4 of them in your trial so 4 sets of 3 are needed for each one. Hope this helps! And sorry its to late! ~Andrew time.doc time_example.cxp Edited by Andrew Ticknor

Sorry I have not been back sooner. Had to wait till I got back from site. Attached is a routine I use to turn on a fuel circulation pump at 10AM each day Monday to Friday. Time_Clock.pdf

well your way works too! At least we know how the dt function works now. ~Andrew