Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest STI

Cx-supervisor (scada)

12 posts in this topic

Hello All, I am new to cx-supervisor and must especially VB databases. I have figured out how to start the datalogging in the software but end up with 1 big csv file as it just keeps writing to the same file. What I want to do is start a log file and log untill the end of the process, 2 hrs later. Logging pressures, rates and times of certain events. Then stop logging and close that file.(this part I"ve got) So the next time I run the process I start to data log and write to a new file (file Name) Any ideas? Thanks

Welcome to Mr.PLC.com!  :) I'm glad you asked, because this is an excellent time to start a discussion on Scada with CX-Supervisor.  CX Supervisor is a wizard based HMI and Data Acquisition package manufactured by Omron.  It is not limited to Omron PLCs and supports other products through OPC. Data Logging is easy to setup when you are doing a time based process.  The wizards will lead you right through the setup.  When you want to data log based on event such as your process, CX Supervisor has a script language to enhance its' built in features. First of all, setup your dataset in Project Workspace|Data Logging Tab.  Add a new Dataset ("ProcessLog").  Add your items to be monitored as Pointnames.  Be sure to uncheck the box that says "Start Data Logging on Application Startup". Second, Open the Animation Editor and set it to Project Level Actions.  Add a Script with the following setup: Script Name:  Start_Data_Logging Trigger Event:  On Condition Expression (pointname):  Process_running StartLogging("ProcessLog") Third, add a new script at the Project Level with the following setup: Script Name:  Stop_Data_Logging Trigger Event:  On Condition Expression (pointname):  !Process_running (Please notice the '!" at the beginning of the Pointname - Inverted) StopLogging("ProcessLog") CloseLogFile("ProcessLog") Run the project and manipulate the pointname "ProcessRunning" from OFF to ON.  The log should start.  When the process is finished, manipulate the pointname from ON to OFF.  The log should stop and the file close.  The next time the pointname is On , a new log with a different time stamp should be created. :) Here's some pages from the Script Reference Manual.

So here's the .pdf Pages_from_Script_Reference.pdf

Hellow I´m David (www.iespana.es/automation) and sorry about my english, i´m spanish. Now I working with CX Supervisor and i have a problem. i need export with Data Log 4 temperatures from excel. This temperatures and save this automatly every day 24 hour for day. The nex day this temperatures save in the other file..... My proble is: In workSpace in Data Log i can´t make a nex Data Set. Please help me. Thank and sorry about my english. David

Here's a step by step: Procedure: Step 1          To configure the data log, go to “Utilities”, “Workspace” or click on the “Workspace” icon. Step 2          Click the “Logging” tab at the bottom of the active window.   Step 3          Right-click in window and select “Add Data Set”. Step 4          Enter the “Data Set Name” as “Lab_Dataset” (this will be used as the base for the file name generated).                     The “Period” is how often one data log file is closed and another is created.                  The “1 Hour(s)” default is sufficient.                   Click “OK”. Step 5          Right-click on the Lab_Data set created in Step 4 and select “Add Item”.   Step 6           Select an item name that you wish to show in the data log viewer (ie. Pressure).                    “Browse” for the “Expression”, and select “Slider 1” from “Lab 5 Group”.                     Use the default “5 second(s)” “Sample Rate” “On Interval”.  Leave the scale as the default.   Step 7           Similarly, add the following items in the “Lab_Dataset”.  Close “Workspace”. Item Name          Expression Flow                  Slider 2 Volume               Slider 3 Temperature        Slider 4 Step 8           Run the application.  At Runtime, right-click on the page and select “Data Log Viewer”. Step 9           Select “File “, “Open”. Step 10          Browse for the data logging file:  Lab_Dataset.dlv.  Click “Open”.                    Note: CX-Supervisor will create a sub-directory named “Data Logging” in the CX-Supervisor “Project” directory. Step 11          Select all of the data log points to view.                      Click “OK”. Step 12          Click on the “Live Updates” icon.  Go to the “Charts and Graphs” page, move the slider and check the “Data Log Viewer”. :p

Here's the graphics version of below: :D Data_Logging.doc

Hello Thank for you explication it´s so good. My problem is in Step 3 "Add Data set.." It´s not habilitate wnhen Right-clic and i can create a Date Set. Add data set window no run. Please help me an thank you veru much. David

David, When I look at your web site, I see SCS Demo.  Are you trying to use Data Logging in SCS or CX Supervisor?  The instructions are different.  Please tell me the version of CX Supervisor that you are using.  Can you do a screen capture of the problem you are having? Your web site is very interesting and has a lot of good information.  Because I read only English,  I translated some of your Web Site.  Does your site try to bring engineers together to discuss control problems?  Please let us know more about what you do. :D

hello, thanks for your explanations and your help. I'm using the "Cx-Supervisor. Version 1.0(4)". My problem is that when I try to create a new Data Log and I click with the left bottom and I select "Add Data Loge", it doesn't show me the scream of "Add Data Set" Basically, I can't create anything in the scream "Logging". Is it necessary to own any previous conditions of configuration in order to do it? In mi web page there is a section called "FOROS" http://www.iespana.es/automatizacion/foro/foros.htm This section is a recompilation of Foros about industrial automation. I'm a Regulation and Control of Automatic Systems student and I make Automation's works. I'm not an engineer. Here you got information about what I'm studing: http://www.mec.es/fp/ele_ele/sis_reg_con.html Now I'm interested in the Cx Supervisor because I'm working in a proyect with an industrial fornace with eight sights of temperature. For this, I'm using a C200HG with TC001 and, also, a NT31C and comunications RS485 and a SCADA. All of them are OMRON. That's all. Thanks very much. David :D  :D  :D  :D

Jay, Yeah I know. He has a nice website for Omron and Siemans information! I use Google translator to read his site. (Thanks to my wife for telling me about this kewl feature). It takes a little bit to chew on it and show it in english, but I think you'll see it's pretty kewl. Also google hacks up the site pretty bad, but if you are really wanting to read something, you'll be able to make it out. http://translate.google.com/transla....&u=http :D

I checked all the forums and databases on CX Supervisor and couldn't find anything about your problem.  I loaded version 4 on a WinMe computer and I could add a dataset.  You have an early version(4).  Try this patch and see if it helps.  Also, if you still have your original install disc,  try installing on another machine in English.  There were some problems with other languages. :-3 I checked out both your links (Thanks chako, for the translator).  You have an impressive site.  I added several links in my Favorites. :) CX_S_4_to_5.zip

Hello OK I Know who is the problem. I remove de Spanish CX-Supervisor version and install the English version and all aplication run OK. I tray to create a "New Data set" and i´ts OK.!!!! Now i work this aplication. Thank you very much for your time. If i have any problem whit cx-supervisor write you. Thanks David