Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
toTAZ

transfer compiled file to plc

7 posts in this topic

i usually use cj1m series plc. for upgrading plc programs i use cf card. is there any other program for transfering compiled obj file without cxprogrammer. command line or with interface its doesnt matter. if you know protocol also i can write. thanks

I know there is a backup tool in the download section, have never used it, mabey it can upload as well ?

You can transfering the compiled obj file without CX-P: 1) FTP file server functions by using CJ1W-ETN21 OR CJ1 ETHERNET CPUs 2) By Email function CJ1W-ETN21 ONLY.

hi Yair,Sleepy Wombat yair, i dont have any eth. module, Sleepy Wombat, thanks for suggestion, i download this utulity, after some tests, iwill send results

Good call there Yair, if only Omron made ethernet cheaper all would not be a problem, IMHO ethernet enabled PLC's sould cost only a few hundred bucks more, especially since ethernet chips are diamond dozen these days....

Have you looked into the CJ1M-ETN units? Those are CPU units with an integrated Ethernet port. I think we got a price proposal on one of them at a bit over 6000 SEK. Compared to separate CS1 ethernet units that we payed over 8000 SEK for that sounds like a great deal to me (although they don't support sockets or email like the dedicated units do - FINS/UDP is only normal communication protocol).

Hey the TEDron, yeh i have looked at them and true, there is a signifiacnt cost saving compared to the CS1 Ethernet module.. but don;t get me started on the rediculous pricing with that......here is a quick and dirty comparison... Omron released a CP1MCPU11ETN LIST PRICE AUS $2516 now AB has rellease a new Mirco 1100 with ethernet also for less then $1000 bucks... see where i am going.... Omron are my favourite brand with AB a close second, why, because one i cut my teeth on them with the Hand held programmer on C20's, two they are extemely easy to program, three i know them pretty darn well since i worked for and Omron disty for a number of years as the Eningeeining Manager, but from time to time i think that internal politics detrimines market pricing rather then the market..ie if we relaese this great new PLC at a price less then our esablished model then oh my god it will eat it to the established brand position, and pehaps we will now make less money....a very simplistic economic veiw point, why not get the new stuff out threre, knock off competitors, its a numbers game in the end, more product out there = more repeat businesss = factorys and people in the Omron organisation stay empolyed = better pricing = better and newer products through R&D...that my whine / rant for the day...